Operations Intern (Search Engine Development)
Moody's Analytics' ERS Operations department is looking for an intern for a minimum of five months.
ERS Ops is a department working across three different Business Units (BU), located all over the world.
Currently each BU and team, stores their knowledge in different places: Wikis, Sharepoints, Incident tickets, GitHub repos, etc.
We want to be able to provide easy access to that very distributed knowledge via a single tool, a kind of internal Google, where people can come and make queries.
After the tool has been selected and implemented, we think it will rapidly become a critical tool, used by hundreds of users, hence it has to be monitored and operated in a very professional way.
Key Responsibilities for this internship will include:
If time permits, a second topic would be about clusterizing an existing Atlassian Confluence system, where most of knowledge is stored as a Wiki. That topic would include:
- Gain knowledge of the Search tool, from an architecture and monitoring aspect
- Discovery of monitoring tools in place at MA
- Discovery of alerting tools in place at MA
- Definition of what needs to be monitored, and how to do that
- Implementation in the selected tool
- Alerting configuration in selected alerting tool
- Writing of an operating manual/playbook that could be utilized by teams in other locations
- Analysis of the performance of the solution. Trigger alerts in case of severe performance drop
- Analysis of the efficiency of the Search platform: efficiency of the indexes
- Tuning of the search engine
- Guide to upgrade of the Search solution
- Security monitoring
- Studying how a Confluence cluster works (that is a documented setup)
- Making some tests in an AWS environment
- Writing an operational guide, including a migration from a standalone system to a cluster
- Contact Atlassian support to get some assistance as needed
- Education level required: Bachelor's degree (License), or Master's degree
- Preferred areas of study: Technical communications / Technical writing
- Fluency in English and French
- Technical skills: ability to write shell scripts, Python
- Keen interest in technology and tools
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.