- Grenoble, Rhône-Alpes, France
- CDI, Plein-temps
Quality Assurance Engineer
Lieu de travail : Grenoble, Rhône-Alpes, FranceThis is a unique opportunity to join a team who are experiencing a period of unprecedented growth.
You will join the team as Quality Assurance Engineer. You will participate in the whole Moody's RiskFoundation platform solution lifecycle. In daily cooperation with Software Engineers and Business Analysts, you will participate in the design, writing and execution of tests based on technical or functional specifications.
The Role / Responsibilities:
An Assistant Director- Senior Quality Assurance Engineer fulfils the following responsibilities, with occasional guidance of more senior team members:
- Design, write and execute manual and automated tests.
- Assist in the implementation of test automation frameworks.
- Assist with clarification of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Analyze test results at the story or feature level and provide meaningful reports to project team.
- Use bug tracking systems to submit, track and manage defects.
- Maintain software testing artefacts.
- Collaborate with software engineers to identify and fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to identify and solve environment issues.
- Interact with databases to generate test data and analyze results.
- C ontinuously improve our testing practices.
- Provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Influence the functional design and user experience. Promote consistency and simplicity.
- Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Write and maintain technical documents.
- Review tests of other team members, provide feedback from a technical and testing perspective.
- Conduct training sessions and proactively share knowledge in or across teams.
Required Required Skills:
- Competent in Programming Languages: Java and/or PL/SQL and/or scripting languages.
- Ability to write test plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills as well as attention to detail.
- Aptitude for thinking outside the box to develop thorough test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts.
- Ability to investigate a defect, isolate its probable cause and provide a reliable method for reproducing it.
- Proficient in data access techniques for relational databases.
- Quickly learns new technologies; proactively seeks to improve.
- Ability to participate in multiple projects.
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- The successful applicant with be fluent in French.
Preferred Experience in the following would be appreciated:
- Significant QA experience.
- Knowledge of a wide range of QA methodologies
- Competent in Development tools: Eclipse, WebStorm, etc.
- Competent in Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, Jetty, WebLogic, JBoss, Liberty, IIS
- Competent in Others: Jira, Rally, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Professional software design and development experience.
- Works well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc. and suggests improvement to this process
- Ideally have obtained a Masters degree in Computer Science.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.