Corporate Action Analyst / Index Analyst — one vacancy in Nice, France — Full-time position
- Nice, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Scientific Beta
- 16 janv. 18 2018-01-16
With offices in Boston, London, Nice, Singapore and Tokyo, ERI Scientific Beta is a fast growing smart beta index provider. Its academic origin provides the foundation for its strategy: offer, in the best economic conditions possible, the smart beta solutions that are most proven scientifically with full transparency of both the methods and the associated risks.
As of December 31, 2016, the Scientific Beta indices corresponded to USD 12.3bn in assets under replication. ERI Scientific Beta has a dedicated team of 45 people who cover client support, development, production and promotion of its index offering.
To support the development of our business activities and reinforce our operations team, we are looking for a corporate actions specialist, motivated to join a team delivering high standards of quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
Main tasks: Daily handling of corporate actions:
- Validate all data and information relating to corporate actions (this includes, but is not restricted to: collection of event announcements, analysis of their qualitative and quantitative contents, cross-check of underlying data between all possible alternative sources).
- Prepare implementation of the corporate actions within the equity indices, in compliance with existing inhouse processing, maintenance and index construction methodologies.
- Follow-up and maintain the preview of upcoming corporate actions on a daily basis, communicate the operations of the day to be executed by the operations team.
- Track, detect and document any anomaly in the latest implementation of corporate actions.
- Set up and manage all announcements to index clients.
- Participate to client support advanced questions / data requests.
Experience and education:
- Proven experience of at least 2 years in a corporate action-oriented role in a middle office environment, either within an asset management company involved in the international index replication business, or an index provider.
- More generally, experience in equity portfolio or index valuation is required: this includes universe maintenance, data quality treatment, evaluation and reconciliation of different data sources for pricing issues and performance spread assessment between a fund and its reference benchmark.
- Master degree in finance, accounting, engineering or other related fields.
- Expertise in corporate action treatment and their impact on portfolio constituents (including the timing of events and the evaluation and control of absolute and relative performance).
- Proficiency in financial data electronic services (e.g. Bloomberg, Datascope, Datastream …).
- Familiarity with spreadsheet product and proficiency in data management.
- Written and spoken English is essential; basic spoken French as well.
- Excellent organizational skills. The candidate will show involvement in the activities of the company, as well as diligence when carrying out tasks.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to Ms Laurence Kriloff – click on the Apply button.
- Your salary will be determined according to the EDHEC pay scale, based on your qualifications and previous prior experience. EU work permit is mandatory.
For more information about ERI Scientific Beta, please visit www.scientificbeta.com or