2021 Investment Management Off-Cycle Program - Fund Logic (Paris)
FundLogic Operations Intern
FundLogic SAS is the asset management company of the Morgan Stanley Group, approved by the AMF in 2006 and dedicated to the management of systematic funds (index and strategy funds, ETFS, structured funds with capital protection, long/short, multi/cross-asset).
Part of Morgan Stanley's Investment Management division (IM), FundLogic's objective is to create tailor-made investment solutions adapted to the needs of institutional investors. FundLogic's asset management philosophy is based on a process of creating innovative products on all types of underlying and respond to any risk profile. The team is made up of 13 people based in Paris.
FundLogic currently manages 9 billion euros in the form of UCITS and alternative funds.
The Intern will work within the Middle Office and will be involved in the below activities:
• The validation and instruction of transactions related to the daily activity of structured funds on multiple products, stocks, bonds, FX
• Entry of subscription transactions, redemptions, fees, payments
• Operational risk management
- Monitoring and settlement of transactions
- Anticipation, validation, instruction and reconciliation of collateral
- Reconciliation of the activity of the various funds
• External coordination with various fund agents (fund administrators, custodians, agents, auditors) and internally (with the Risk Management and Legal departments)
• Assistance to portfolio managers to prepare the valuation of funds
• Administration assistance: Updating databases, preparation of reports
At the end of this 6-month internship within the FundLogic Operations team, the intern will have acquired a good knowledge of the various Middle Office activities of an asset management company and enhanced overall knowledge of a management company given the daily interactions with the management and control teams.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Masters level Finance related degree
• Strong organisational skills
• Fluent English / bilingual
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Experience with VBA would be a plus