Varenne Capital Partners is a global hedge fund (over 3.7 billion dollars). We strive to achieve this goal by employing proprietary research and combining complementary investment frameworks in a single strategy: Long Equity, Short Equity, Merger Arbitrage and Tail Risk Hedging. All our investment frameworks stem from years of research and development and as a result comprise original methodologies, formalized processes, dedicated teams of analysts and bespoke information systems. It is the opportunity for you to join a well-established and fast-growing hedge fund with a long track record of success as part of a diverse, stable and experienced team.
The Merger Arbitrage framework acts as a fund within the fund. The team deploys capital on friendly and announced deals which present an attractive risk/reward profile. Each potential opportunity is carefully assessed through our proprietary in-depth analysis framework covering all aspects of a transaction. As part of the team, your tasks will be varied and will include:
- Screening new arbitrage opportunities
- Analysis of investment opportunities and presentation to the investment committee
- Financial modeling of arbitrages
- Monitoring of the portfolio and the strategy environment
- Interacting with other teams (middle office, risks, compliance, marketing, …)
- Research and Development
- At least 3 years’ experience in M&A, Private Equity, Law firm (antitrust or M&A), Investment firm.
- Excellent academic background from a top tier University or Business School.
- Solid skills in Financial Analysis and Corporate Finance. CFA is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Bloomberg and VBA are a plus.
- Fluency in spoken and written English essential, French is a plus.
- Strong work ethic and teamwork orientation with a proactive attitude.
- Length : Permanent contract
- Start : As soon as possible
- Location : 42 avenue Montaigne, 75008 Paris, France