Associate, Debt Capital Markets FIG
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Help support the continued growth of the European FIG DCM business, reach out across geographies and teams, stay abreast of market development, aid in the production of pitch materials and help generate trade ideas
• Be aware of the group business strategy of servicing clients by leveraging our footprint and building franchise
• Ensure communication with other teams within capital markets as well as coverage, FM sales and Legal
• Production of market updates and pitch materials
• Continued provision of best in class service to help build the financial markets relationship
• Emphasis on proactive engagement and timely delivery of relevant market intelligence. Always respond to requests in a timely and efficient manner.
• Drive/follow Financial Market themes and key initiatives and close alignment with the risk books
People and Talent
• Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations amongst colleagues and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
• Ensure active communication of priorities and progress to the business to foster engagement, awareness and motivation
• Contribute to continuous process improvement and sharing best practice
• Demonstrate an awareness of the risks associated with the business, process and clients
• Adherence to all Group Policies and relevant legislation covering credit, operational, reputational risk among others
• Commitment to Group Code of Conduct
• Timely completion of all e-leaning, attestations and requests for information.
• Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
• Willingness to 'speak up' in the event of any realised or perceived breach of group conduct rules or laws by colleagues
• Willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's and SCB AG's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group and SCB AG's Code of Conduct.
• Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Adhere to all regulations & business conduct
Proactively partner across the Bank to further the CM and broader Capital Markets agenda in the West, specifically:
• Global Banking - effective thought leadership and content delivery for FI clients
• Bond Syndicate - educating colleagues to ensure our pricing and market view remains up to date
• FM Sales - educating investors on regulations and capital structures
• Corporate Finance - capital implications of FI M&A
• DCM Legal - educating support teams on regulations and capital structures
• Compliance - ensuring appropriate controls and risk mitigation are in place at all times
• Regulators - develop and maintain a dialogue with policy teams at key financial regulators (e.g. ECB/PRA)
• Demonstrate Here for good and Group's brand and values in daily behaviour
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
• Fluency in French and English
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.