S&P Global Ratings Associate Director, Infrastructure Ratings The Team
The EMEA Infrastructure Practice has an Associate Director opening in Madrid, Milan or Paris. The main responsibility of the role will be leading the analysis on project finance and complex corporate transactions in the EMEA region.
The Global Infrastructure Practice was established by S&P Global Ratings to expand our ratings franchise in an area of strong growth and to leverage our significant global infrastructure expertise across the full range of infrastructure and energy asset classes. Analytical team members reside in 16 locations globally and work on a diverse range of transactions applying different ratings criteria.
The successful candidate will participate in committees determining and monitoring credit ratings mainly in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. You will establish yourself as an analyst with a focus on excellence in analytics and client service. The role also requires you to set measurable targets, priorities and assist with improving and enhancing rating's process and procedures.
You will report to the Head of Infrastructure, EMEA, and be working closely with the EU Project Finance and Infrastructure Lead Analysts and a number of highly experienced industry specialists, not only in the region but globally. The Impact
At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each team member has an essential role in our reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence. S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk. By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to further expand analytical excellence on an ongoing basis as we aim to encompass achievement within a working environment that is rewarding, stimulating and where there is a constant focus on building skills and competencies through learning. What's in it for you:
Infrastructure finance is one of the fastest growing sectors of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the position for you. To succeed, you must be comfortable with quantitative analysis and have an ability for problem solving. In addition, this role provides a great opportunity to be exposed to a range of markets and asset types. The role also offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. Responsibilities
What We're Looking For: Qualifications:
- Owning the analytical oversight of a portfolio of complex infrastructure assets in the EMEA region (with focus on Project Finance & Corporates with structural enhancements).
- Researching information that supports the analysis and commentaries.
- Producing and processing data, information and financial projections.
- Reviewing, researching and managing transaction documents, running credit models, analyzing cash flows, and preparing analytical documentation.
- Provide analytical reasoning to senior team members and in discussions within the team.
- Owning problems and spearheading problem solving in order to foster a continuous improvement mentality.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the industry trends and issues.
- Participating in special projects within the Global Infrastructure Practice as appropriate.
Return to Work
- Bachelor degree holder of Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related subject. A master's degree is desirable.
- At S&P Global employees at this level would typically have at least 5 years of Project Finance experience or alternatively 5 years of experience analyzing credit risk of complex corporate transactions.
- Deep understanding of financial analysis and preparing detailed forecasts.
- Strong financial modeling and experience with legal transaction documentation.
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills in English . Knowledge of another language would be desirable.
- Strong team player with excellent time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to multi-task and manage deadlines.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. Grade Level:
12 (for internal purposes) Location:
Madrid, Milan or Paris S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Ratings
offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
282650 Posted On: