Varenne Capital Partners is a global hedge fund with 3 billion dollars of assets under management. We strive to achieve superior long-term returns with the minimum risk by employing proprietary research and complementary investment frameworks in a single strategy: Long Equity, Short Equity, Merger Arbitrage and Tail Risk Hedging. All our investment frameworks stem from years of research and development, comprising original methodologies, formalized processes, dedicated teams of analysts. It is the opportunity for you to join a well-established and fast-growing hedge fund with a long track record of success as part of a diverse, stable and experienced investment team.
Varenne Capital Partners is hiring a Compliance Officer, he/she will support the Chief Compliance Officer to:
- Maintain and develop an annual compliance monitoring program composed of all mandatory controls, specific ratios, and compliance subjects in line with all legal and regulatory requirements,
- Oversee investment management and risk process, security and disaster recovery procedures, personal dealing rules, codes of conduct and anti-money laundering policies,
- Conduct reviews of the firm’s policies and procedures, including testing,
- Ensure that the firm adheres to regulatory reporting requirements and review, maintains, and updates the firm’s regulatory filings,
- Participate in fostering the right compliance culture across the organization.
Profile and required skills
An experience in compliance function in the Asset management industry is a plus.
- Good communication and presentation skills,
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity,
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously,
- Willingness to learn, progress and always “go the extra mile”,
- Fluent in English,
- Familiarity with Excel / Visual Basic.
The position is based in Paris and available immediately.