Director - Risk, Credit Analysis & Quant
A leading credit rating agency is seeking two experienced country risk / sovereign risk / macroeconomists to join their team focused on Sub-Saharan Africa Sovereign ratings. This role will be based in either Hong Kong or London so you must be happy to be based full-time in either location. You will be the lead analyst for a portfolio of approximately 5 countries, and be responsible for meeting and speaking with government ministers in relation to the economic and financial outlook. You will have 3-10 years experience and must be fluent in French.
London or Hong Kong based role.
You will be involved in:
- Assigning and maintaining high-quality credit ratings for sovereigns and will develop expert knowledge on their economies
- Analyse all aspects of creditworthiness for the sovereigns in your portfolio. This includes reviewing and forecasting macroeconomic policies and trends, including GDP growth, inflation, the impact and consistency of monetary and fiscal policies and risks to macroeconomic stability
- Study trends in the sovereigns’ public and external finances, conduct debt sustainability analyses and explore risks stemming from contingent liabilities
- You will also study the structure of Public Finance and external debt and forecast external flows (BOP) and assets and liabilities (IIP, debt structure)
- Your analysis will also cover governance and domestic and geopolitical risks and risks to the sovereign stemming from the financial sector
You will have the following experience:
- A strong background in Macro-Economics – ideally both academically and professionally
- An advanced educational background, if possible at leading institutions, is preferred
- Given there are two roles open, there is some flexibility on experience but you will have somewhere between 3-10 years hands on relevant experience in a Country Risk / Sovereign Analyst / Macroeconomist role, focused on the financial analysis of countries. Exposure to African economies is a plus but not essential.
- It is likely you will have worked for a bank, finance ministry, central bank, development organisation, research house, or a firm in the wider financial services / financial analysis / financial research community
- Excellent communication skills in French and English are key – you will be meeting senior level contacts
You should also be happy with business travel. At least one business trip per month of around 3-5 days (when travel restrictions have finished) is required.
Should this be of interest and you’re happy to be based in London or Hong Kong, please apply now.
Keywords: Sovereign Risk; Country Risk; Macroeconomist; Macroeconomic analysis; IMF; World Bank; Development Bank; Credit Export Agency; Central Bank; Economist; Marco-economic analyst; Macroeconomics; Economiste; Économiste; Sovereign Credit; Risque-pays; Sovereign Debt; Sovereign Credits; Country Rating; Country Ratings; Analyste Crédit Senior; Finances Publiques; Public Finance; Analyse Macroéconomique et Risque-Pays; Finances Pays