Founded in 2014, Ledger is a leader in security and infrastructure solutions for cryptocurrencies and blockchain applications. Headquartered in Paris, we have a factory in Vierzon and offices in Montpellier, Grenoble, London, Portland, New York, and Singapore. Today, we're a team of 500+ professionals, developing the products and services to safeguard cryptocurrency assets for individuals and companies alike - including our hardware wallets already sold to more than 4 million customers in 165 countries.
As a data driven company, Ledger wants to ensure all major decisions are backed by data. To continue meeting that goal, we are looking for a Data Engineer to reinforce our data engineering team of 4.
You will be responsible for optimizing our data pipeline architecture, building and maintaining reliable data flows. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up in a fast paced environment and innovative space (blockchain is one of our key data sources!). You will support data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives but also will be a key interface with the various partners we are integrating in the Ledger ecosystem.
We are looking for a strong analytical and technical profile who wants to transform data into a competitive advantage and bring Ledger data driven culture to the next level.
Our Data Stack:
- ELT: custom development (Python, SQL), Fivetran, Stitch, Adverity + dbt
- Cloud: AWS
- DWH: Redshift, considering Snowflake
- Orchestration: Airflow
- BI: Periscope, Tableau
- Versionning: Github
- IaC: Terraform
You will report to Kaishin Lin, our Lead Data Engineer. In this role, you will:
- Work on data extractions from various sources (relational databases, API, flat files, etc.) and their transformations.
- Perform code reviews to guarantee code quality.
- Monitor data pipelines and investigate discrepancies.
- Contribute to migration and containerization of existing pipelines.
- Contribute to the improvement of the data engineering stack, in particular from the scalability point of view.
- Suggest and implement relevant architectural choices on AWS to address ad hoc needs.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in data engineering
- Experience working with AWS infrastructure
- Fluent English
- SQL & Python are among your best friends
- You know how to fix conflicts in Git
- Would be considered as pluses: Docker, Airflow, dbt, Snowflake
- Knowledge about crypto and web3 ecosystem is also a plus
- Join one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe
- Learn rare blockchain data skills which are in high demand in the market
- Competitive compensation package and ESOP according to the Company policy
- Flexible working hours, remote-friendly environment
- Strong focus on personal development including internal/external trainings and attendance to conferences
- Internal talks, technical meetups and hackathons
- High performance office equipment
- Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage
- Meal Vouchers with Swile (ex Lunchr)
- Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days plus infrequent parties, snacks and drinks
- Employee discount on Ledger products
Ledger guarantees equal opportunity for all during the recruitment process, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.