Investment Banking / ECM * Associate Role * France / Italy / Iberia
Our Equity Capital Markets team, part of the Investment Banking division, is responsible for all our equity-related activity across Continental Europe. The team covers transactions such as IPOs, capital increases and secondary placings and is now firmly established in the top 10 of the European ECM League Tables.
In particular, a team of c.20 bankers focusses exclusively on France, Italy and Iberia, having already closed 15+ deals in the past 12m:
- France: €231m Rights Issue of Compagnie des Alpes, €381m ABO for Apollo in Verallia, €2.4bn Faurecia Spin-off from Stellantis, €70m Capital Increase in Focus Home, €110m Exchange Bond of BigBen into Nacon, €35m ABO for Eurazeo in Europcar, €535m Capital increase in Eurofins, €110m IPO of Nacon…
- Italy: €97m IPO of The Italian Sea Group;
- Iberia: €[3.0]bn IPO of Acciona Energia, €m IPO of Primafrio, €100m ABO by Bestinver in Befesa, €165m IPO of Soltec as well as 3 ABOs for Rhone Capital in Fluidra for a total of €925m.
(-> Overview ECM transactions).
The team is based in London and Paris and this is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious working environment, benefiting from direct exposure on deals and transactions. With an entrepreneurial spirit at its core, Berenberg is first and foremost a pure equity house, now boasting 150+ research analysts, 1,200 stocks under coverage, 125 equity sales people and over 15 offices in Europe and the US.
- Core member of the ECM team
- Reporting directly into the Head of Investment Banking for France, Italy & Iberia
- Focus on transaction origination and client coverage
- Key point of contact within the team and the firm for all new initiatives
- Involved in client meetings and deal execution
- Training and oversight of a number of analysts / graduates and interns
- Entrepreneurial – Eagerness to contribute and take ownership of the development of the ECM team in France, Italy & Iberia
- Proactive – Ability to leverage the platform (research, deal flow…) to source new ideas and suggest new meetings potential leading to new client relationship and mandates
- Team player – Willingness to play a pivotal role alongside Corporate Finance, Execution and Syndicate
- 3-5 years of experience in Investment Banking, ideally in ECM
- Significant exposure to ECM transactions and projects
- Fluent in English and French, Italian and/or Spanish
- Master’s degree from a Tier-1 university
Have we sparked your interest? Then please apply online.