Generali is one of the largest global insurance and asset management providers. Established in 1831, it is present in 50 countries in the world, with a total premium income of more than € 66 billion in 2018. With nearly 71,000 employees serving 61 million customers, the Group has a leading position in Europe and a growing presence in Asia and Latin America. Generali’s ambition is to be the life-time partner to its customers, offering innovative and personalized solutions thanks to an unmatched distribution network.
Generali Insurance Asset Management SGR is the Asset Management Company of Generali Group, leveraging the experience and know-how it has developed through managing the assets of the insurance companies of the Generali Group and pension funds, GIAM offers a track record of solid performance in Liability Driven Investment (LDI) solutions for insurance and pension funds portfolios, as well as a series of proprietary analysis tools developed to support LDI management
Brief Unit Description:
In detail, the key accountabilities of the Equity are to:
- Coordinate the activities of the team Equity Insurance and Equity Mark to Market.
- Coordinate the implementation of tactical asset allocation by the competence Area, selecting equity instruments, based on:
Indications provided by respectively the Insurance and MtM Investment Committees;
Information received by the Head of Investments;
Main fundamental analysis indicator of the single companies and sectors;
Analysis of specialist external providers;
Group Risk Guidelines and ethical list (for Group portfolios only);
Group Investment Policy (for Group portfolios only);
Requests and constraints notified by Clients/Group through Sales Force/POs.
- Coordinate all specific operating activities necessary for the management of the portfolio falling within its competence.
- Define, on agreement with the Derivatives Strategies structure, the strategy for investing in derivative instruments.
- Monitor the results ex post for the investments within the competence area.
- Keep the documentary evidence of the main and most significant selection/picking choices made by the Asset Class Specialists’, in order to ensure the traceability thereof.
- Provide investment comments and proposals both for internal and external purposes.
- Provide comment to the relevant IC material prepared by Risk department.
The resource will support the Head of Equity team in the following activities:
- Provide to the Head of Equity regular analysis on the investment portfolios
- Support the equity team in the activity of portfolios optimization
- Elaborate financial analysis on investment themes upon request
- Produce report and presentations to the benefit of internal and external stakeholders
- MSc degree in Economics and Finance area. MBA, CFA (or similar) would be a plus
- Excellent analytical skills – the candidate should be able to analyze companies, industries, and situations both from a fundamental perspective and in a relative value context
- Fluent in French (spoken and written), other languages are considered an advantage (English / Italian / German);
- Microsoft Office package (esp. Word, Excel, Power point) essential. Bloomberg Platform would be a plus
- Experience in analyzing financial statements
- Strong communication skills
- Good team player
- Comfortable with working under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Curious, flexible and responsive