Finance Manager, Paris
Join our Financial Management Group as a Finance Manager in our Paris office. You will be part of a team that owns and manages the financial affairs of Macquarie Capital's legal entities in the European Union. This includes a regulated investment firm in France and its branches in Germany, the Netherlands, Spain and Italy. You must be fluent in both French and English, to business-level. Any other language (e.g. Spanish, Italian or German) would be beneficial.
You will be involved in all elements of Finance (financial control, financial statements) and Treasury (funding/capital/liquidity management, regulatory reporting) deliverables. You will also provide support to the MacCap business by delivering management reporting, contributing to the budget and forecast exercises but also by supporting operationally the business on a daily basis. In each of these 3 components, you will be supported by wider Financial Management Group resources in the EU, the UK, the US and India, or 3 rd party service providers (where required).
You will report through to the Finance Head based in Paris and your key responsibilities will include:
- financial control, planning and analysis tasks & legal entity control (annual financial statements, dividends, and management of external audit)
- monitoring daily capital adequacy, funding and liquidity position of regulated entities
- review and submission of regulatory reporting to the French regulator (and other EU regulators)
- management reporting; forecast, budget-tracking, pipeline reporting.
- developing relationships with the businesses (Macquarie Capital) to advise on the balance sheet or P&L impact of new products and strategies within regulated entities
- keeping abreast of regulatory, legal and/or tax developments impacting Macquarie entities
- liaising with local regulators or authorities
- interaction with local third-party services employed to provide specific services (e.g. tax compliance).
To be successful, you will have the confidence, drive, and problem-solving skills to innovate and deliver great outcomes.
You will also have:
- a tertiary qualification, preferably in a business/finance/economics or related discipline and with 6 years+ experience within banking and finance in a global financial institution
- an accounting qualification would be a plus (eg DSGC, DEC, ACA)
- advanced software skills (MS Office) and other management reporting applications
- knowledge of Salesforce would be an asset
- strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to understand and succinctly explain complex data
- is comfortable interacting with business staff (to a senior-level) and resolving competing priorities
- creative and innovative thinker
- attention to detail
- highly motivated and flexible team player.
If this sounds like your next role, we look forward to hearing from you. About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.