Finance Senior Manager, Paris
Join our Financial Management Group as an experienced Finance Manager in our Paris office. You will own and manage the financial affairs of Macquarie's legal entities in France. This includes entities incorporated and regulated in France, as well as French branches of European entities. You must be fluent in both French and English, to business-level.
Managing one other team member, you will be involved in elements of Finance (financial control, financial statements), Treasury (funding/capital/liquidity management, regulatory reporting) and Tax (tax compliance) deliverables. In each of these 3 components, you will be supported by wider Financial Management Group resources in the UK, the US and India, or 3 rd party service providers (where required).
You will report through to the Regional Financial Controller and your key responsibilities will include:
- financial control, planning and analysis tasks
- legal entity control (annual financial statements, dividends, and management of external audit)
- regulatory reporting including internal monitoring of liquidity and capital, and external reporting to the ACPR
- tax reporting (review and account for tax returns prepared by a third party)
- monitoring daily capital adequacy, funding and liquidity position of regulated entities
- recommending capital and funding ratio target levels
- reviewing and approving new business activities or transactions
- keeping abreast of regulatory, legal and/or tax developments impacting regulated entities
- liaising with local regulators or authorities
- the oversight of local third-party services employed to provide specific services (e.g. tax compliance)
- developing relationships with the businesses (Macquarie Capital, Macquarie Asset Management and Commodities & Global Markets) to advise on the balance sheet or P&L impact of new products and strategies within regulated entities.
To be successful, you will have the confidence, drive and problem-solving skills to innovate and deliver great outcomes. You will also have:
- a tertiary qualification, preferably in a business/finance/economics or related discipline and with 7 years+ experience within banking and finance in a global financial institution
- an understanding of capital, liquidity, and regulatory issues, as well as some experience managing/overseeing these
- a strong understanding of Macquarie Capital's business, having worked in/with comparable businesses in other global financial institutions
- advanced software skills (MS Office) and other management reporting applications
- strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to understand and succinctly explain complex data
- is comfortable interacting with business staff and resolving competing priorities
- creative and innovative thinker
- attention to detail
- highly motivated and flexible team player.
If this sounds like your next role, we look forward to hearing from you. About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.