The intern will assist the senior credit analyst covering the utilities sector in the analysis and monitoring of 80 companies & the industry developments in the context of the energy transition. A key challenge will be to help developing a formal methodology for the integration of ESG factors in the business and financial risk profiles of utilities and potentially other sectors. All written communication is in English.
The mission will be to assist the senior analyst in:
- reviewing financial models of 80 utilities,
- producing top quality credit updates and sector reviews,
- developing ESG integration in credit assessment,
- developing Bloomberg relative value & ESG analytical tools.
Competencies and qualifications:
• Master-2 students
• Excellent Analytical Skills – The candidate should be able to analyze companies, industries, and situations both from a fundamental perspective and in a relative value context. Experience in analyzing financial statements. Previous internships in similar areas of experience is a plus.
• Credit and Legal Skills – Ability to dig into bond documentation and understand covenant clauses will be a plus.
• Strong Communication Skills – The candidate should be able to express his opinion via clear written opinions which is well supported by data. Strong verbal communication & presentation skills are essential.
• Self-Starter – Needs to be curious and questioning to challenge the obvious to develop a well thought out investment thesis. Candidate should be quick, flexible and responsive with a keen eye for detail.
• Languages – Fluent in English. Fluency in another European language desirable but not necessary.
• Teamwork – Candidate should be a team player, part of Generali Investments Credit Research team based in Paris.