A fantastic 6-month contract opportunity working for a market leading organisation within the Financial Services sector as a Middle-Office Senior Officer. Ideally, a successful candidate for this position would be a motivated, self-starter, with previous Middle Office experience and good communication in English & French - working on projects, also UAT and production environment
You will be working within the Operations department of the business, taking initiative for activities on a day-to-day basis, contributing to remediating and fixing production issues.
A 6-month contract opportunity, this role has the very likely prospect of being extended several times on a regular basis. This is an international team within a global organisation, and as a significant market leader in the business, this organisation is always looking for new innovative ways to continue to evolve and maintain a dynamic environment for both their employees and who they serve.
An exciting but demanding position, you will be expected to proactively look to build and strengthen relationships with business partners whilst also giving assistance to the clients for their daily operational activities.
This role will involve:
- Covering the management and monitoring on a day-to-day basis of all events that impact the trading side of the business.
- External client support and ensuring that both members and clients get a world-class experience dealing with them.
- Testing using inhouse tools and Jira, ideally able to write Excel Macro / VBA or SQL or SAS skills
- Developing and maintaining a strong operational control environment, performing daily/weekly/adhoc controls and ensuring a timely resolution to exceptions and issues.
- Understanding of market to market, numbers around risk or interaction with risk engines
- Change activity and constantly identifying ways to improve departmental processes to achieve targets set out in a more efficient and effective manner.
- Ideally knowledge of credit derivatives/bonds/CDS or Middle Office experience with other products.
- Fluency in both English and French.
- IT skills using JIRA, SQL, VBA and Excel Macros or SAS
- Some knowledge of Risk Management / Market Risk
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Effective communication skills and comfortability being the first point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders
Please do apply at your earliest convenience as we do expect that this role will move fairly quickly being a contract position.