France Chief Finance Officer
- Paris, Île-de-France, France
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Wells Fargo
- 22 janv. 19
About Us Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
Main Function of the Role
- Provide professional leadership required to effectively deliver Finance control and support in respect of France legal entity.
- Provide long-term strategic and financial planning and work with senior business and support leaders to provide efficient and effective finance advice, control and support across France and the EMEA platform
- Maintain and develop the Finance infrastructure (people, technology and processes) necessary to support change within the business environment and comply with all relevant internal Finance policy & procedures and with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise as appropriate with all regulatory authorities and internal/external auditors both in the EU and with the US on Finance-related matters.
- Ensure complete and accurate books and records are maintained for France under US GAAP and local GAAP regimes and, in particular, ensure an appropriate Finance control framework exists to mitigate all Finance risks.
- Organizing, managing and developing the France-based Finance team as appropriate to the needs of the France entity, leveraging group Finance Service Level Agreements and oversight thereof, working with the EMEA CFO to ensure alignment and consistency across the platform.
- Develop and maintain good working relationship and dialogue with French Regulators as appropriate with regard to regulatory reporting and related Finance matters and proactively plan for and respond to any changes to regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. contributing to the development of ICAAP requirements).
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all required regulatory and statutory reporting to French and US regulators ensuring consistency with each set of liquidity/capital/regulatory report rules.
- Attend France Board meetings and participate in France governance meetings as required to include ensuring preparation of all relevant schedules to facilitate discussions and decision-making with regard to capital allocation.
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery and presentation of internal management reports to meet the needs of internal stakeholders and in particular to include Board packages, Key Performance Indicators to track business performance, cost allocations and intercompany charges.
- Responsibility for organizing the external statutory audit to ensure the timely and accurate production of annual accounts and proactively plan for and manage any changes to financial reporting requirements.
- Liaise with Internal Audit department regarding the organization of the internal audit program and responsibility for follow-up on any audit findings.
- Liaise with Tax department to ensure the timely and accurate filing of domestic and other tax returns.
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree (or equivalent) and professionally qualified accountant with at least 7 years PQE including experience of local French GAAP and US GAAP
- Progressive track record of experience, including staff management, and achievement within the financial services sector,
- Good technical skills including a good working knowledge of accounting standards and regulatory reporting in the context of (ideally both) EU and/or US financial services
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to give presentations and briefings to senior management
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyze business transactions and identify key Finance risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and the ability to work under pressure and maintain high energy levels
- Must be able to work independently whilst providing leadership and positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment