Description About this role
The BlackRock Human Resources team strives to transform the human resources function in the same way we are transforming access to financial well-being. We are students of the market and technology that are passionate about finding, growing and retaining the best talent to help deliver on the Firm's purpose to help more people build a strong financial future.
Our EMEA (Europe Middle East and Africa) HR team lives our values, understands how our culture comes to life, and possess a deep knowledge of the business and delivery of all HR services to internal client groups to drive outstanding performance.
This role will serve as a HR Officer, aligned to a series of Continental European countries, the role will provide HR support to HR Business Partners (HRBPs) in driving and executing the business and firm-wide talent agenda. The role will also play a critical role in enhancing HR support to the aligned countries by partnering with operational teams across the region, HRBPs and beyond to ensure client and staff operational requirements are met. To be successful in this role, you will need to build relationships across HR and the Firm, learn the business, its leaders and organizational structure and problem solve across a wide range of HR topics. Operations Element of Role (majority of the role):
Support and Partnership for HR BP's:
- Work in close partnership with HR Operational teams, and Centres of Excellence as well as Regional Senior HRBP striving to scale and centralise processes and actively ensure the HR Operational teams are leveraged appropriately
- Point of escalation to manage local language operational deliverables such as referencing, local language required documents, local regulatory reporting (leveraging Workday reporting) and letter and contract review, 2nd level support for local HR request (point of escalation)
- Point of contact for local authorities for execution of external obligations, working closely with partners in HR Operations, such as Reward Operations
- Assist EMEA Operations in triaging local operational issues
You need to have :
- Partner and Support the aligned HRBPs to project manage and execute talent practices and other key initiatives, including advising clients, creating client ready materials and reports, providing analytics and insights,
- HR Partner for locally nuanced issues/projects
- Support Country COO Team in the scaled management of people processes (including completion of objective setting, performance reviews etc)
- Prepare local senior onboarding plans (MD and Director)
- Be a subject matter expert on BlackRock HR's tools, processes and team interdependencies across all areas of the HR (Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Diversity & Inclusion, Compensation, Mobility)
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years' experience as a HR professional or HR consultant across a number of European countries, working for a global firm
- HR knowledge and experience in the French market
- Native in French and fluent in English
- Demonstrated reporting and analytical skills, fluency with MS Office, and ability to summarize information tailored to different audiences
- Strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail and high standards for accuracy
- Strong project management skills with ability to anticipate and hit deadlines related to client deliverables
- Fast learner, proactive, agile, adaptable with ability to function in a fast changing, global environment
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities, and can partner regionally and globally to facilitate these improvements
Education Requirement :
- Knowledge in the Asset management/Finance or Software industry
- Experience with Workday
- Excellent interpersonal and partnership skills
- Commercial acumen and demonstrated interest in financial services and/or technology
- Ability to communicate to a professional standard, verbally and in written, in multiple European languages
- BA/BSC degree or equivalent; (certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise preferred)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.