IT Business Solutions Pre Sales Manager
- Up to EUR70000 per annum
- Paris, Île-de-France, France
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Planet Payment
- 21 mars 19
Working closely with the POS support team and the International Key Accounts (IKA) and National Key Accounts (NKA) for France. The role will mainly be pre-sales for IKA/NKA and managing post sales as roll out and IT support. The role is attached to the IT Business Solutions department following the IT strategy of the company and reporting to its manager.
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world's leading Tax Free Shopping ('TFS'), Dynamic Currency Conversion ('DCC'), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
Working closely with the POS support team and the International Key Accounts (IKA) and National Key Accounts (NKA) for France. The role will mainly be pre-sales for IKA/NKA and managing post sales as roll out and IT support.
The role is attached to the IT Business Solutions department following the IT strategy of the company and reporting to its manager.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Working in the ITBS (IT business solutions) department in Paris.
- Understand the need of the French market
- Attend retailer's meetings with sales Managers in order to help promoting the adequate IT solution.
- Agree business and client needs of the applications. Develop product feature requests and functions with client.
- Sign-off and ensure required features and functions are included in the product offerings.
- Lead and manage implementation projects and monitor the production phase.
- Working with the Sales team to answer Request For Proposal.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- The ideal candidate must display the ability to take ownership of projects from the pre-sales to final stage.
- A strong track record working with Systems Integrations and dealing with multiple vendors.
- Good knowledge in the IT Project Management with IT skills.
- Must have had exposure to server side technologies, web services and databases in a general/high level and have the ability to understand general/high level the client/server model. This includes having a working knowledge of integrating either third party software or payment applications to Modern EPOS till systems would be a great advantage
- Have a working knowledge of Retail EPOS systems, Credit Card Processing and knowledge of the major POS devices and/or EPOS software.
- Engineer degree (or equivalent), in both business and IT or equivalent experience (minimum 5 years).
- Good level of analytical problem solving skills to identify and diagnose problems and implement appropriate solutions.
- Fluency in English and French (written and spoken) are essential.
- Must be available to travel when it is needed.
- Full knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Power point, Visio and MS Project).
- Facility on preparing presentations on demand with quality