Invetment Guidelines Officer
- Paris, Île-de-France, France
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Axa Investment Managers
- 20 mars 19
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
The relative weights of each accountability may vary depending on the position held by each IG officer, the location and her/his seniority.
• Identify and interpret all investment guidelines in regulations, prospectus, contracts and internal risk policies. Assess suitability and feasibility of investment guidelines monitoring. Escalate the risk of non monitorable guidelines. Create or update control card summarizing all the investment guidelines. Obtain validation of the control cards. Maintain completeness and reliability of the central guidelines repository.
• Ensure the coding in the different automated monitoring systems. Control the implementation. Specify for development in relationship with Data Management and Technology teams or develop new solutions to monitor new investment guidelines or to adapt to new instrument types.
• Contribute to the pre-trade controls, the prevention of breaches being under the responsibility of the front office.
• Conduct permanent (daily) and independent controls of investment guidelines. Ensure full coverage and reliability of this monitoring. Keep evidences of the controls. Analyse alerts raised in post-trade by the different systems and/or by third parties.
• Issue a breach notification to the fund manager for remediation in the best interests of the client and escalate the breach if not remediated in time. Track the resolution and potentially request for tolerance. Log the breach in a central database, qualified as active or passive, with the analysis and all the evidences. Maintain the repository completeness and quality.
• Produce breach / Key Indicators reports to some clients, some auditors and local or global governance bodies.
• Ensure collaboration with all teams involved in AXA IM Investment Guidelines process, like the offshoring of activities to AXA BS in India, to Operations or to GRM.
• Contribute through initiatives to an evolving business environment (eg regulatory, organisational, technical) or that reduce operational risks or improve operational efficiencies.
• Ensure knowledge maintenance and business continuity.
Location : Paris / UK / Germany
• Graduate degree
• Experience in a similar function or within an asset manager would be a plus
Knowledge and Skills
• Fluent in English and in local langage
• Financial instruments, management strategy and portfolio valuation
• Awareness of related information systems and agility in using multiple tools.
• Analytical. Rigorous. Proactive. Synthetical.
• Autonomous and collaborative.
• Able to work with time constraints. Organised and Efficient.
• Excellent written and oral communication, ability to interact with people from different levels within the organisation.
• Challenging and ability to be firm.