Markets, Intern Analyst, CVA Trading - Paris - July 2021 Intake
You're the brains behind our work.
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it's honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can't come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi is looking for an intern analyst to join the Markets team in Paris. The XVA desk is primarily responsible for the pricing and risk management of counterparty credit risk for Rates and Currencies business. The desk also manages and prices the use of funding and capital, and manages the business response to LIBOR transition. The desk prices transactions of varying sizes, and manages several portfolios of Credit, Rates, FX, Volatility and basis risk. The desk works closely with corporate and institutional sales, risk management, finance and all Rates & Currencies trading desks. Your time here will look something like this...
Provide desk support by developing pricing, risk management and analysis tools. This will include working with spreadsheets, coding and implementing solutions to improve desk efficiency. You will also be shadowing desk members in daily pricing requests and risk management tasks. We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. The Markets intern analyst program runs for six months starting in July 2021. As an incoming placement analyst you will be placed on the CVA desk, within the Rates and Currencies business. Working alongside our experienced professionals, incoming analysts will have the opportunity to actively participate and develop their skills in the above areas. We want to hear from you if...
* • Strong quantitative skills, with a mathematical background and knowledge in Excel and VBA/other programming skills
* • Attention to details, planning, and organizational skills
* • Communication skills including perfect English written and spoken
* • Finance knowledge: basics of derivatives and option-pricing theory is a minimum
* • You are currently enrolled in a University that can provide an internship agreement
* • Penultimate year student
* • Studying in a Master degree in an Engineering school, Business school if quantitative curriculum
* • A first experience in markets or related field is a plus Who we think will be a great fit...
You are interested in Markets and you're determined to succeed in the field. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We'll also be looking for the following:
• Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
• Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
• Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
• Commitment to personal growth and career development including mobility and flexibility. You also have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments
• Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
• Interest in business
All applications will be reviewed immediately on reception and we therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary.
Before you apply have you visited our 'Career Inspiration Page'? Head over to learn more about life at Citi, ask a question or get handy tips from the previous Q&A.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer