PROJECT & NATURAL RESOURCES FINANCES (PNRF) RELATIONSHIP MANAGER/ANALYST
- Competitive package depending on the level of experience
- Paris, Île-de-France, France
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 07 févr. 18 2018-02-07
COFARCO is a fast expanding specialist firm providing independent financing arrangement and credit risk insurance brokerage services to the commodities and natural resources markets. Headquartered in Paris, with a branch in Geneva, it serves an international customer base of corporate clients and financial institutions. The company's expertise spans across the major commodity and natural resource sectors including oil and gas, conventional and renewable power, metals and mining, and agricultural products. It raises finance and binds credit insurance with more than 120 banks, insurance underwriters, and other financial institutions active in the commodities and natural resources space.
Start date: March/April 2018.
To support the development of its client base, Cofarco is looking to add a new Relationship Manager/Analyst position to its Project and Natural Resources Finance (PNRF) team.
This unique opportunity is aimed at candidates who have already gained a good level of banking or consulting experience (3-5 years) in relation to Project financing and/or Natural Resources markets and who are keen to accelerate their careers within an entrepreneurial environment.
The position will provide you with exposure to the natural resources markets in an international environment and will require business meetings and travelings when appropriate. It will also give the opportunity to operate within these markets with a holistic view, Cofarco being involved in both the insurance market and the banking industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and manage cash-flow models for natural resources and infrastructure project finance deals;
- Prepare transaction teasers, as well as in-depth information memoranda including scenario and risk analyses for management of petroleum and mining companies;
- Liaise with clients in the natural resources industry (corporate, financial institutions, funds and traders)
- Effective follow-up of inquiries to prospective financial institutions or insurance markets.
- Monitoring of existing transactions, under senior management’s guidance, helping clients to comply with documentation requirements and terms.
- Participation into the day-to-day accounting and reporting tasks of the company as well as research on identified strategic development areas for the PNRF team such as mining and infrastructure financing.
As in any start-up, the responsibilities are likely to evolve over time. Further involvement with Cofarco’s business and clients may certainly be considered for a willing candidate.
Experience / Qualifications / Skills:
- 3 to 5 years experience as analyst / project or relationship manager in the banking industry or as a consultant in a similar Industry
- First class business/financial degree from a leading university or business school
- Strong modelling capability & advanced competence in Excel;
- Proficient in valuation techniques (DCF, trading multiples, precedent transactions, sum-of-parts) and returns analysis (NPV, IRR)
- Sound knowledge of accounting and cashflow analysis ;
- Experience of managing work streams on financing and/or M&A
- Project evaluation and investment framework
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- A confident and motivated person with great energy, enthusiasm, commitment and positive “can-do” attitude;
- Ability to work in a small and dynamic company: self-starter able to use own initiative, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Accuracy and sound judgement are key. Able to multitask and flourish in a time-pressured role;
- A curious individual with a desire to learn and the ambition to grow at a fast pace to become a successful Corporate Finance professional
- An individual who can strive to deliver results and perform under pressure
- Excellent communication skills are essential as the position involves building and maintaining relationships with counterparts and clients;
- Ensuring respect of compliance, international sanctions and reputational risks ;
- A flexible individual willing to travel when required
- Proven ability to manage a project from start to finish/ highly organized and able to work independently;
- Excellent command of/fluency in English is key as English is the main working language.
Moreover the successful candidate will show an international bend and possess the drive to perform in a demanding global environment undergoing rapid change and growth; he/she will have the willingness to take responsibilities at an early stage of his/her career and be able to operate autonomously under constructive supervision.
In the first instance please feel free to forward CVs and motivation letter exclusively by using the apply button.