Department: Implementation Monitoring Department Job Type: Global Recruitment Posting Date: Feb. 13, 2023 Closing Date: Mar. 27, 2023 Portfolio Management Associate - Data Analytics
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Implementation Monitoring Department (IMD) is responsible for monitoring AIIB's rapidly growing investment portfolio, which includes loans and equity investments with or without sovereign guarantees and assisting management and project teams to ensure portfolio quality.
IMD's main functions include: (1) monitoring the entire Investment Operations portfolio and provides portfolio reports and data analytics; (2) managing the nonsovereign-backed financing (NSBF) assets that have been transferred to IMD; (3) coordinating the design and implementation of IT systems for Investment Operations (IO); and (4) providing Secretariat services to the Investment Committee.
To strengthen its portfolio management capabilities, IMD is recruiting a Portfolio Management Associate (PMA) support development and operations of Investment operations-related data and systems. Responsibilities:
The main responsibility of the PMA - Data Analytics is to assist the head of the IMD data team and other Portfolio Management Officers in conducting data analysis, preparation, implementation, and administration of IT systems for investment operations , including, but not limited to, the following:
- Support the operation, administration and updating of the Investment Management Information System (IMIS) and Client Relation Management System (CRM).
- Support the operation, maintenance and timely updating of the IO Dashboards, including maintaining and updating the IO core operational database, to provide decision-making support to Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
- Working with the IT Department, support the development and operation of the IO Core data mart.
- Conduct operational analysis on various topics such as implementation readiness, disbursement, and project effectiveness.
- Support the development and utilization of advanced data analytics tools based on IO needs.
- Assist in organizing and delivering consultation and user training activities for staff, and collect feedback for improving systems.
- Provide administrative support to the IMD data team in its daily operations.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the supervising PMO and head of IMD data team.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience in data quality, data modeling, data warehousing, and data analytics.
- Good knowledge of the modern information platforms.
- Experience in using PowerBI, PowerQuery or Tableau is a plus.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of business models of underlying data for multilateral financial institutions.
- Strong analytical skills; experience in financial modeling and financial analysis of investment projects would be an advantage.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and contribute productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (such as economics, finance, business administration, international relations, social sciences or similar field relevant to AIIB's operations).
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.