Portfolio Operation Specialist (M/F)
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Portfolio Operation Specialist who will be involved on a daily basis in the control, support and monitoring of the financial management of private debt and equity funds/transactions managed and advised by Schroder Aida.
About Schroders Aida
Schroder Aida is the AIFM portfolio management company of the Schroders group specialized in infrastructure financing (private debt and equity funds and transactions), regulated by the AMF and authorized to manage AIF.
Continuously seeking to grow its business by developing new products, tools and methodologies that meet the needs of investors, we are looking for a full-time Portfolio Operations Specialist to support this development and strengthen the company's Portfolio Operations team which today counts 5 peoples.
Schroder Aida currently manages/advises ₠3 billion in private and equity debt through different funds, vehicles & mandates. And counts nearly 20 professionals who also benefit from support functions in London and Luxembourg.
What you'll do
- Control and support with the acquisition of new transactions
- Assist the Investment teams (managers and analysts) and legal/compliance functions, in the acquisition of equity and debt transactions (shares, loans, bonds, ...);
- Control the acquisition deal-flow for each acquisition: investment committee decision, eligibility check (guidelines), KYC, assistance with withholding tax process, control and sending of purchase recommendations, follow-up of the signature of documents, etc;
- Prepare the capital calls for funds or check the capital calls for funds made by an external service provider;
- Execute or assist with the execution of the transactions settlement: relationship with the bank and verification of payments.
2. Daily management of transactions and asset portfolios
- Set-up the transaction monitoring tools with a summary of the financial characteristics of the operations held by each fund (interest period, rates, amounts to be received, covenants, deferrals to be received, etc.);
- Update the loan or bond repository (rate, schedule, events, etc.);
- Resolve differences in calculations and coupon dates with the borrower and/or agent
- Ensure the correct receipt of flows;
- Follow up on acquired receivables, in relation with the Front Office;
3. Administration of investment funds, reporting and control of NAV
- Calculate management fees to be passed on to the finance department for invoicing;
- Ensure that each cash flow is correctly accounted for, distinguishing between management fees and transaction fees;
- Transmit the supporting documents to the accountant;
- Check the NAV transmitted by the accountant, with a view to its validation;
- Check invoices at fund level and arranging the payment for these invoices;
- Respond to questions on operations, accounting, taxation, treasury, portfolio, specific reporting requests and ratios of the various funds, both internally (managers, compliance officer) and externally (clients, custodians, accountants, auditors);
- Contribute to the production of quarterly reports and their verification if they are produced by external service providers
- Assistance and follow-up of the corporate life of the various funds and entities
4. Improvement of existing processes, backup
The Portfolio Operation Specialist is a driving force for the improvement of existing operational processes and processes related to the creation of new funds. He/she updates the procedures and operating methods within his/her scope.
The Portfolio Operation Specialist's main contacts will be:
- Investment teams, borrowers, agents and other counterparties as part of the control and execution process for new transactions but also as part of the daily monitoring of portfolio transactions;
- Sales representatives and customers (French or foreign) concerning the setting up of funds and reports at the time of creation as well as periodically as part of the daily administration of funds on reports and capital calls, in particular;
- The RCCI (Head of Compliance and Internal Control), the Legal Department and the Head of Risk Management;
- External administrative and accounting management/auditor (inventories, specific data, periodic reporting, legal reporting of funds) and other financial controllers.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Master 2 in Finance or infrastructure environment;
- Minimum three years of experience in asset management industry: Middle Office,Back Office, audit or an accounting firm;
- Knowledge of equity instruments (shares, shareholder bonds/loans, ...) and debt financial instruments such as loans and securities;
- Knowledge of equity and debt investment funds (in France and abroad) and companies administration : Fonds Commun de Titrisation (FCT), Societes Anonymes, Societe de Libre Partenariat (SLP), Limited Partnership (LP), Luxembourg Investment Vehicles (SA, SCS, SCSp, RAIF) etc ...;
- Good level of English, very good writing quality in French and English.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Knowledge of investment fund accounting (local accounting principles as well as IFRS standards, setting up the NAV, valuation of assets, etc ...) is a strong plus;
What you'll be like
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Rigor, autonomy and reliability
- Dynamism and team spirit
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Ability to synthesize, good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills with all types of internal and external contacts
- You are involved and enjoy working in a reactive, creative and demanding environment
Schroder Aida is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.