Principal Sales Specialist
Content & Technology Solutions (CTS) is the industry leading content delivery platform. Clients seamlessly access organized and connected content that is easily discoverable, explorable, and procured via the Open:FactSet Marketplace. Data is delivered via a variety of technologies and formats that meet the needs of our clients' workflows. By enabling our clients to utilize their preferred choice of industry standard databases, programing languages, and data visualization tools, we empower them to focus on the core competencies needed to drive their business. The SBU contributes over $173M in ASV, with a double-digit year-over-year growth rate. Our solutions portfolio includes Standard DataFeeds, Data Exploration, OnDemand (API), Views, Cornerstone, Exchange DataFeeds, Benchmark Feeds, the Open:FactSet Marketplace, and other non-workstation initiatives.
Truvalue Lab's ESG offering is at the epicenter of three major trends shaping the asset investment management industry: the rise of ESG integration, the exponential growth of unstructured data, and major advances in the field of artificial intelligence. As a part of Factset, the Truvalue Lab's solutions are used by Asset Managers, Asset Owners and Hedge funds globally. The market for ESG is rapidly accelerating with several major Asset Managers and Asset Owners as customers. The Truvalue Lab's offerings are being used to drive investments exceeding $4 Trillion. Job Description/Responsibilities:
With a growing customer and revenue base and a product that is uniquely positioned to take advantage of the explosive growth in the AI, ESG and alternative data we are seeing opportunities that command 6 figures. FactSet is looking to fill 3 Sales positions spanning across multiple locations including New York, London, and Asia Pac. This position will help to further accelerate sales of our Content and Technology Solutions (CTS) products, specific to ESG offerings. Responsibilities
- Work with the Senior Director of Sales to map out perspective clients to target and build a pipeline based on overall ESG strategy
- Responsible for being pro-active to identify unique ESG opportunities to grow the business
- Responsible for maintaining +$1MM net-new business
- Partner with existing Sales Specialists and Generalist to understand up sell opportunities within existing clients.
- Provide feedback to Strategists and Product Development to enhance and improve our products
- Leverage your client and industry relationships to identify new business needs and sales opportunities for the CTS organization
- Diligently maintain the client- sales cycle and results data that are required to manage the pipeline of sales
- Deliver superb presentations and present winning proposals
- Act as first point of contact for strategic high potential accounts
- Represent FactSet's ESG business by speaking fluently about all product lines at industry events
- Coordinate trials, negotiate terms, and structure contracts
- Think strategically to price and close deals
- Help uncover new workflows within clients to monetize content
- Utilize and work closely with group resources including Sales Engineering and Support/Implementation.
- Collaborate with general sales team to build a CTS strategy for their respective accounts
- 5-7 years of experience in related field
- Bachelor's degree in related field (advanced degree preferred)
- Have a strong understanding of market knowledge (i.e understanding of the buy-side trading and performance workflows and industry competitors) including experience with ESG a plus.
- Extensive sales experience with a focus on financial markets, any ESG a plus, with the ability to consistently exceed individual sales quota
- Proven ability to identify, recruit, cultivate, and retain sales talent.
- History of effective collaboration with Sales, Product Development and Strategy.
- Willingness to learn new trends and aware of industry changes, desire to self-learn new technologies
- History of proactively identifying business inefficiencies and taking ownership to deliver solutions.
- Detail oriented while maintaining vision for the big picture.
- Ability to make challenging decisions in a changing environment.