FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Process Optimisation Actuary - Life
My client, a global reinsurance company, is seeking a Life Actuary to join Life & Health division in the Paris Hub. The ideal candidate will also work within the Knowledge department, which encompasses global technical functions such as pricing, risk management and R&D. The Knowledge Team is split in nine sub-teams, all of them operate globally and offer tools and support to life pricing functions worldwide to both internal regional and local market clients.
The successful candidate will be involved in activities such as reporting, tool enhancement and development, manage new business profitability tools and conduct actuarial impact studies.
- Manage the quarterly reporting process in particular monitoring the data quality of local markets.
- Define the specifications of the new business reporting tool evolutions in particular its adaptation to the IFRS17 standards and the new profitability KPIs.
- Manage the acceptance tests and the roll out of the new releases of the tool including the end users training.
Pricing/ reporting tool enhancement
- Using SAS.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on the use of SAS in reporting.
- Develop the automation of reporting on the pricing database.
- Participate to the workflow's tools integration securing the alignment between internal and external reporting.
Pricing Methodology / Actuarial studies
- Perform impact studies for changes of Pricing Methodology for all its components, especially capital allocation and expenses
- Perform data quality studies to support on-going improvement.
Other and projects
- Produce pricing economic assumptions.
- Support the SCOR pricing tool project.
Member of the following committees: e.g. Audit committee, Investment Committee etc.
- Meetings with IT Technical.
- Internal Model Development Technical Committee.
- Project teams and Steering Committees.
Required experience & competencies:
- At least 3-5 years professional experience in an actuarial function with experience in reporting and tool enhancement, programming in SAS.
- Numerical programming, simulations and algorithms skills.
- Experience in writing specifications for reporting tool as well as in automating reporting tools and data quality management.
- Able to train others on tools.
- Very good knowledge of French and English.
- Several years in Financial Services industry, preferably Insurance/Reinsurance or in IT Development in statistics, tool enhancement, complex applications and numerical programming.
- Experience in conducting actuarial studies and in writing technical newsletters.
- Pricing experience and experience in analysing big data of advantage.
- Open minded and curious, you have good communication skills (in writing and orally) and enjoy team work.
- Strong aptitude, personality, and intellect; common sense and sound judgment.
- Ability to prioritise conflicting needs, handle matters efficiently and proactively, and see projects through to successful completion; able to deal with deadline pressures.
- Programming skills in SAS required.
- Interests in new technologies.
- Agile development methodology.
- Master in statistics, actuarial sciences, and holder of an acknowledged IT diploma.
- EUR50000 - EUR55000 per annum
- Paris, Île-de-France, France
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Charles Levick