Product Manager is responsible for implementing leading industry DDQ, taking charge of investors’ specific requests, as well as supporting the growth of international business unit at Varenne Capital Partners.
Varenne Capital Partners is a research and process driven investment manager based in Paris, France, where it was founded by its current management team in 2003. With 7 nationalities in a team of 35 people, including 14 investment professionals, the management team fosters a culture of openness and diversity translating into very low turnover and an average tenure of over 9 years in the investment team.
Duties and responsibilities of the Product Manager
- Support and assist the Head of Product Marketing in strategic planning of international business development.
- Produce and update standard DDQs on quarterly basis; industrialise both the standard and specific DDQ process to respond to the requests of a large audience of institutional and private office investors across international markets.
- Contribute to the investment writing of monthly reporting and quarterly portfolio commentaries or proofread the writing of colleagues.
- Coordinate and organise due diligence meetings across the sales, marketing and investment teams on meeting preparations and client follow-ups.
- Assist the team to organise quarterly investment web conferences / ad-hoc webinars and physical roadshows in Europe, Asia and eventually US.
- Assist the team on PR events, create coherent and strong messaging on social media to promote Varenne Capital’s brand image.
- To be actively involved in periodic monitoring and planning of sales activities via CRM system.
- Work as a team within the Investor Relations department to produce or monitor the data entries in various institutional databases on monthly basis.
- Growth opportunities for this role include client facing opportunities to present the firm and investment strategy in the medium term and step up as the deputy manager of the team depending on the profile and experience.
Professional experience and education
- 3-5 years of experience from the product manager / RFP manager and marketing background ideally from the asset management industry. Alternatively, candidates from the strategic consultancy or fund of fund background with a good understanding of the asset management industry will also be considered.
- Broad international exposure and experience of working in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual team gained through his or her education or previous work experience.
- Graduated from a top university in France or overseas (Grande Ecole de Commerce) with a Master’s degree in Finance or Marketing. We consider a diverse background of candidates for this role. People from other academic backgrounds are also encouraged to apply to this role.
- Sound technical skills in equities with a preferred experience in RFP writing on equity related instruments or asset classes in the past but not a prerequisite for this role.
- Strong sense of organisation and priority, capability to work autonomously and independently and more importantly we are looking for a “team player” as at Varenne Capital our success is relied on a collective teamwork and mindset.
- Bilingual investment writing / RFP skills in English and French. In addition, highly professional level of spoken and written skills in another European language (German, Spanish or Italian) would be preferred but not a prerequisite.
- Understanding of derivatives (options, futures, swaps, CFDs) and their use in investment strategies.
- Strong presentation skills in potential client meetings to present the firm and investment philosophy & process as a back-up to current English marketing team members.
- Ability to face new challenges and work under tight deadlines.
- A good knowledge of the ESG investing and ability to contribute to ESG DDQ process.
- CFA or CAIA candidate or charterholder preferred.
- Length: Permanent contract
- Start: As soon as possible
- Location : 42 avenue Montaigne, 75008 Paris, France
- Contact : email@example.com