Research Assistant Commodities
- Paris, Île-de-France, France
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 21 nov. 18
Research Assistant Commodities
Research Assistant - Paris/London Commodities Team
The Role: We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Commodities (Oil & Gas and Metals & Mining) Ratings team to be based in our Paris or London office. The successful candidate will perform credit analysis under supervision of senior analysts and work on research projects in the commodities space. Some knowledge/experience in data science / statistics / programing (R-studio, Python) will be an advantage.
- Support senior analysts in performing credit analysis, including analysis of financial accounts, modelling, business analysis, peer comparisons.
- Attend meetings and interact with senior management of corporations to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions.
- Actively participate in rating committees
- Work on research projects and prepare materials for publication including rating reports, press releases, and detailed commentaries.
The Impact: The individual will be a key contributor to rating analysis and research and will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence, and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences. The candidate will undergo intense on-the-job credit analysis training and show potential to quickly gain an understanding of S&P Global Rating methodology policies and procedures as well as knowledge of qualitative and quantitative aspects of corporate ratings analysis.
The Team: The Commodities team is a dynamic group consisting of 15 analysts across several major offices in EMEA, including 4 analysts in the Paris office and 5 in the London office. These analysts cover 100+ credits across the oil & gas and metals & mining industries in EMEA.
The Career Opportunity This is an exciting opportunity to acquire in-depth analytical knowledge and modelling skills, to be part of a high performing analytical team and make a career in the international organisation.
Your Skills: The successful candidate will ideally have some working experience in corporate credit analysis, although it is not an absolute requirement. Key will be a strong sense for analytical thinking and basic credit and accounting skills.
- A higher university degree in Finance/Economics or another relevant subject area
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English; ability to identify key messages and communicate concisely.
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of credit analysis basics, accounting principles, ability to understand company financial statements and legal and financial documentation;
- Good knowledge of computer software, in particular MS Excel; and some familiarity with financial modelling.
- Some knowledge/experience in data science / statistics / programing (R-studio, Python) will be an advantage.
- Be willing to travel.
- Flexible and open mind-set and excellent interpersonal skills
- Team spirit combined with ability to work independently within a team and multi-cultural environment.