Risk Management Associate - Private Debt
Tikehau Capital is a global alternative asset management group with €28.5 billion of assets under management (at 31 December 2020).
Tikehau Capital has developed a wide range of expertise across four asset classes (private debt, real assets, private equity and capital markets strategies) as well as multi-asset and special opportunities strategies.
Tikehau Capital is a founder-led team with a differentiated business model, a strong balance sheet, proprietary global deal flow and a track record of backing high quality companies and executives.
Deeply rooted in the real economy, Tikehau Capital provides bespoke and innovative alternative financing solutions to companies it invests in and seeks to create long-term value for its investors. Leveraging its strong equity base (€2.8 billion of shareholders' equity at 31 December 2020), the firm invests its own capital alongside its investor-clients within each of its strategies.
Controlled by its managers alongside leading institutional partners, Tikehau Capital is guided by a strong entrepreneurial spirit and DNA, shared by its 594 employees (at 31 December 2020) across its 12 offices in Europe, Asia and North America.
Tikehau Capital's ESG-by-design approach is an integral part of its investment and asset management strategy. At Tikehau Capital we pride ourselves in our inclusive workplace and culture, where diversity and open mindedness are key to flourish in an dynamic environment.
Tikehau Capital is listed in compartment A of the regulated Euronext Paris market (ISIN code: FR0013230612; Ticker: TKO.FP).
For more information, please visit: www.tikehaucapital.com Mission
The successful candidate will be integrated into the Risk Department, which is responsible for managing credit risk, market risk, equity risk and liquidity risk on private debt strategies, private equity, capital market strategies, real estate, leverage loans and CLOs.
You will initially be covering the private debt and tactical strategies business units and will be in constant interaction with the deal team and research team, as well as being integrated into the wider risk team. You will actively participate in the following tasks:
- Prepare level 2 credit risk analysis for potential new investments by:
- Performing fundamental credit analysis, which includes reviewing the business and financial profiles (e.g. historical and projected financial results) of the underlying company;
- Attributing internal credit ratings based on existing methodologies;
- Animate the monthly review / watchlist committee and continuous monitoring of existing investments' profiles;
- Oversee risk monitoring framework at fund level (market risk, credit risk, equity risk and liquidity risk) in line with applicable regulation, in particular AIFMD;
- Preparation of Risk Committees;
- Methodologies and tools for fund risk assessment, including indicators, limits and stress tests.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a risk, credit or corporate finance function (audit firm, rating firm, valuation of illiquid assets, M & A, Transaction Services, Financing LBO / Acquisition, Private Equity),
- Experience of the risk management function within an asset management firm highly desirable,
- You have a Master's degree from business school engineering school or university, with a specialization in Corporate Finance desirable,
- You have solid knowledge of corporate finance,
- You master MS Office, especially Excel
- You are rigorous, proactive and organized and can show curiosity and initiative,
- You have good oral and written communication skills,
- You are proficient in English.