Risk Manager - Alternative Strategies, Vice President
- Not Specified
- Paris, Île-de-France, France
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 16 mars 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock France (BFS) is BlackRock’s French Asset Management entity authorized by the AMF. BFS is seeking to hire a permanent Risk Manager to oversee the entity to ensure that all applicable risks pertaining to it and its clients are monitored and managed at all times. The Risk Manager will be based in Paris but is a part of BlackRock’s Global Risk and Quantitative Analysis Group (RQA), which comprises approx. 260 risk professionals. The role has oversight responsibility for all local aspects of risk management and will be plugged to the RQA framework and the local risk management team covering investment risks in addition to operational risks.
The responsibilities of the risk management function include:
- Maintaining an effective risk management framework within BFS to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements as set out by the French regulations on AIFMD. This includes coverage of all aspects of corporate risk and operational risk as well as investment risk, liquidity risk and counterparty risk.
- Contribute to defining, documenting and implementing an effective governance framework for the validation of risk models and stress testing- liquidity, credit, market risk, optimization and valuation models – on Alternative investments and derivatives.
- Analyse temporary and emerging risks as a result of internal change, growth and external events, including ensuring timely updates to process maps, policy and procedure manuals and risk maps where required.
- Early identification and consolidation of relevant risk management related market trends, market and funds behavior of Alternatives strategies (e.g. Real assets, Infrastructure, Private equity).
- Implementation and maintenance of local risk management policies and procedures, together with adequate risk management systems, to identify, measure, manage and monitor risks appropriately, on an on-going basis.
- Provision of regular risk reporting to the Board of Directors of BFS on risk exceptions and any actions required to address risk issues.
- Work with existing market risk models, and propose solutions where weaknesses are identified in testing, or where new business needs require model enhancements.
- As a member of the global RQA function, participation in global and/or regional risk management initiatives.
- Review of all risk management systems, for adequacy, effectiveness and compliance, at least annually, with enhancements if necessary.
- Experience and knowledge of the French and Luxembourg regulations– a broader knowledge of the regulatory requirements across EMEA level (MiFID, UCITS, AIFMD) is mandatory.
- Solid working experience, ideally of a minimum of 5 years within the risk management function of a financial services organization, preferably for a fund management company. Ideally, the candidate will have experience in investment, counterparty, corporate and operational risk management with regard to securities funds in traditional and alternative investments.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as 2nd line of control risk management function.
- Quantitative, analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of key tools applicable in risk management, i.e. Enterprise Risk Management framework, Operating Event Management process, Key Risk Indicators, Risk and Control Self Assessments, Scenario Analysis.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and an ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Fluent spoken and written English and French.
- Proactive and consistent in approach and flexibility to engage in specific risk projects/reviews on a short-term basis.
- Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical content required e.g., Mathematics, Engineering, Finance or Economics.
- Strong Excel & VBA skills and ideally database and data management skills preferred.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.