Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely - whether they're renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded 'Outstanding Leader in Accessibility' and 'Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation' awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded 'Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company' by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, 'Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year' at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week - from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States - where we've grown in year-over-year sales by 264% - as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
Mobile Engineers at Onfido help our R&D organisation build and operate resilient, scalable and delightful experiences for our customers. At Onfido, you'd be joining a talented and friendly team which loves to delight its customers with quality and robust code. We care about user and developer experience and we work in an agile way to regularly ship code to production.
We're currently looking for a Senior Android Engineer for the SDK team.
team develops Onfido's four SDKs (Android, iOS, React Native & Web), which are embedded into customer applications to help users prove their identity. They care deeply about image capture quality, accessibility, customisation and reducing friction for end-users. As a Senior Android Engineer at Onfido you will:
- Work closely with product designers, product managers and other engineers to deliver great experiences to our customers and their users, leveraging your strong understanding of the Android SDK, API design and mobile engineering good practice.
- Prototype and iterate until the solutions are impactful and well-polished, supporting multiple devices and meeting our accessibility standards.
- Develop solutions using Kotlin and Java that allow our customers to integrate the Android SDK easily within their application, contributing with your knowledge of Android best practices to make their life easier.
- Improve the reliability and safety of our continuous delivery by contributing to our test automation and CI/CD pipelines.
- Contribute to fostering a culture of psychological safety, inclusivity, collaboration and continuous improvement within the team through participation in retrospectives and feedback.
- Guide and mentor other engineers helping us manage debt, plan refactors and improve our engineering practices.
We deeply value trust, ownership and rapid iteration. Our engineers, product managers and designers work together closely to solve a challenging problem - identity in an online world - and build products that are polished and impactful. Who you are:
We encourage people from all backgrounds, cultures and skill levels to apply. It is okay to not meet all requirements listed as we are looking for individuals who are passionate, eager to learn.
#LI-OH1 #LI-Remote Where you will be:
At Onfido, we have a distributed workforce.
For this role, you can work in any EU country where we have a legal entity (France, Germany, Netherlands and Portugal). We have a hybrid model, and you can choose to work fully remote, or come to our offices! We let all of our employees choose what's best for them. Onfido Culture:
Onfidoer's share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in: > Succeeding together;
you work collaboratively and put the team first > Taking pride;
you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes > Creating customer buzz;
you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus > Learning things & sharing them;
you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others > Finding a better way;
you're adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better Benefits:
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options in Onfido, through our equity schemes. Share options have a one year cliff and start vesting after probation over a four year period*
- 25 days annual leave plus a day off for your Birthday.
- Two paid volunteering days per year.*
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance through Alan - Onfido pays 60% of the cost.
- Life Assurance (3x Annual Base Salary)*
- 50% commute reimbursement up to €40 per month.
- Generous paid parental leave
- Free mental health coaching provided online.
- Life enrichment allowance of up to €95 per month to use for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare and therapy.
- Dedicated learning opportunities, a team training budget for training and conferences
- Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our "Better Together" motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnFriday); holding quarterly team socials; and other company-wide social events.
- Expense up to €600 to purchase workstation setup equipment Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page !
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.