EDHEC is looking to recruit a Backend Developer for its newest FinTech venture, Scientific Analytics, based in Paris (4 Septembre campus) with remote flexibility. Scientific Analytics is an early-stage project which will offer its developers the opportunity to contribute to the launch and growth of a novel platform: EDHEC ambitions for Scientific Analytics to become a global reference for institutional investors to manage their financial and ESG risks. Following in the footsteps of prior successes such as Edhec Risk Institute, Scientific Beta or Scientific Infra, this new project will perpetuate the tradition of transferring academic know-how to the industry.
Scientific Analytics’ backend developer will have the following objectives:
- Take part in the development of the platform’s backend which will serve the needs of the future Scientific Analytics application but also the ongoing R&D efforts in coordination with the research team.
- Participate in the setup and maintenance of the platform’s AWS infrastructure under the supervision of the team’s lead developer.
- Participate in the development of the platform’s backend and data management framework while enforcing the team’s best practice rules in terms of quality of code and testing.
- Participate in the development of the platform’s API which will deliver high-quality data and expose our scientific capabilities in coordination with the frontend developers (React).
The ideal candidate:
- Is happy to join a project at an early stage where they will have a strong impact.
- Has a minimum of 2-3Y of experience in software development with Python and enough DevOps experience to smoothly integrate his or her work (a working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS and Docker). Familiarity with a python-based REST framework such as Django or Flask is a plus.
- Is familiar with architectural concepts and tools related to the ecosystem of backend applications and knows how to apply them depending on the context of the solution. Examples: monolith and microservices, DDD, event-oriented architectures, BFFs, etc.
- Is comfortable with Agile methods, such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Has an ability to write high quality code, well tested and comfortable with object-oriented programming.
- Can demonstrate strong written and verbal English communication skills. A master-level diploma is a plus.
UK/EU work permit is mandatory, please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.