- Paris, Île-de-France, France
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 21 mars 18
Senior Business Analyst – IFRS 17
Lieu de travail : Paris, Île-de-France, FranceThe successful candidate will join our growing line of business responsible for products and services that we deliver to the insurance industry. Over the year, Moody's Analytics has been developing awards-winning solutions and has a large global client footprint in this insurance market segment. IFRS 17 is a new opportunity for us where we are investing and are hiring new people for another potential success story.
The successful candidate will be actively engaged in providing domain expertise for our product management team in charge of our global and promising IFRS 17 initiative.
This role involves a blend of IFRS knowledge, business analyst skills, effective communication and frequent client interactions. The ideal candidate would have had previous experience with either IFRS 17 or other reporting processes within insurance companies, alongside understanding other key functions such as actuarial department and risk management functions. He/she needs to be familiar with software development processes.
The position presents a great opportunity for highly motivated individuals with to join a highly visible growth initiative with a leading company in the market.
Some potential travels will be required (Europe).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the definition and development of Moody's Analytics overall IFRS 17 solution
- Contribute to strengthen IFRS 17 knowledge center at Moody's Analytics
- Regulatory outlook around IFRS 17 but not only
- Design product's features for our IFRS 17 solution
- Write product specifications for our IFRS 17 solution
- Interact with Software Engineering in an agile environment
- When required, support the Moody's Analytics sales team - Participating in presales work around IFRS 9.
- When required, represent Moody's Analytics at IFRS 9 conferences and industry events
Within MA, the Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Division offers to Institutions a wide range of software, analytics and consultative solutions to help risk management staff understand, measure, and manage risk within an enterprise risk context. The ERS group is composed of experienced consultants working with and drawing on the insight and expertise of our world-class analytics technology, data, software as well as market experience.
- Main Degrees Discipline in Accounting - Mathematics - Finance - Actuarial Science - Computer Science or related subject
- Professional accounting qualifications and/or experience related to IFRS would be a plus
- Actuarial qualifications would be a plus
- Have a good understanding of IFRS 17 (or financial reporting process) requirements, analysis and methodologies
- Successful experience as a business analyst
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycles, particularly in an Agile environment
- Proven ability to interact with demanding clients and to run workshops
- Ability to efficiently communicate complex ideas (internally and externally)
- Innovative approach to solving issues and problems
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to build relationships at all levels with clients/prospects and the internal organization
- Team player with the ability or potential to lead others
- Take ownership and responsibility
- AXIS knowledge would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Strong work ethic, and professional and personable
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.