NIM is a signatory to the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), and most of its investment affiliates are PRI signatories in their own right. The two main principles of the PRI - ESG integration and active ownership - are recognized across the group, and there is a strong desire amongst the investment affiliates two work together in these disciplines.
In addition, many affiliates are involved in 'outcome-oriented' activities, including the application of exclusionary approaches at clients' request, development and marketing of ESG-branded or ESG-labeled investment products, and impact-investment related activities.
Finally, NIM actively engages externally: through global initiatives that it is a part of (including ILN, World Economic Forum, PRI, One Planet SWF, FCLT); with governments and regulators on public policy issues; with academics, in an effort to bridge the gap between academia and investment practice; and with the industry as a whole through 'thought leadership', events and publications.
At this moment Natixis IM is looking to hire an ESG Officer who will primarily support these externally-oriented activities:
In this role, you will:
* You have 10-15 years experience in roles relating to ESG, sustainability, investment industry organizations
* You ideally have experience in marketing, communications, events, public policy, or a combination of these
* You have an advanced degree in business, economics or a related discipline; you have a solid understanding of financial markets, economics and public policy
* You have a broad and international network, ideally in the asset management industry, academia, and/or government
* You are a native English speaker or have complete fluency in English, and are advanced or fluent in French
* You are a self-starter, hands-on, proactive; you have boardroom presence
* Ideally you have experience in writing and editing
* You are comfortable with complexity and ambiguity and have a pragmatist approach to responsible investment and ESG
* You will be ideally based in Paris or Boston