Our client, a leading equity asset manager with a long-standing responsible investment philosophy (€30bn - €50bn AUM), is looking for a Senior Portfolio Manager to develop the performance of their global emerging markets portfolio.
You will be making investment decisions and stock recommendations alongside a team of portfolio managers to improve the performance of their global emerging markets funds above their benchmark indices. You will be supported by a team of analysts and have responsibility for communicating the overall strategy of the fund to internal and external stakeholders. Emerging Markets, EMEA, LATAM, Asia, Equities, ESG.
- Work closely with a team of analysts to identify the best recommendations
- Provide research on a range of companies
- Be proactive in identifying trends which may negatively impact the Fund’s performance
- Apply a bottom-up and top-down approach, where appropriate, to provide context to the overall positioning of assets within the Fund
- Work with the team of portfolio managers to develop strategies that minimise the risk of loss in the portfolio
- Attend regular portfolio management meetings to outline the fund strategy, drawing insights from historic data
- Provide mentorship to junior team members and help improve the overall implementation process
- Strong understanding of emerging market equities
- Someone with an in depth understanding of global market developments
- An effective communicator with experience of leading team projects
- Knowledge of ESG integration
- Demonstrable experience in fund management
- Strong English language skills are preferable
- Effective presentation skills, the ability to build relationships with analysts and PMs will be important in this role