S&P Global Commodity Insights The Role:
Senior Research Analyst, Refining and Marketing The Team:
Within the Refining and Marketing division, we provide insight on the industry and market fundamentals of refining crude oil and marketing refined products-including supply/demand balances, trade, prices, capacities, and infrastructure. We forecast product balances and benchmark refining margins, provide details for national markets around the world as well as guidance on what is an anomaly, and what is a fundamental shift in the market. The team consists of a group of analysts covering Europe, Africa, CIS and the Middle East, and working with global teams across S&P Global, notably in Asia and North America. The Impact:
S&P Global Commodity Insights, provides data, strategic research and analysis across the oil downstream value chain so our clients can make critical decisions with confidence. Energy players, governments, and financial institutions rely on us to better understand market trends, company and economic behavior to adjust their business strategy and policies. What's in it for you:
This position offers a significant opportunity to the successful candidate in a highly respected company that is looking for a key member during an exciting period of growth, contributing to research work on a broad range of topics.
- Base salary plus cash incentive plan
- Annual leave, health insurance, and other location-specific benefits
- Opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in a truly global working environment and an international team
- Growth opportunities, both vertically into leadership roles, and horizontally, as S&P Global brings together the deepest intelligence across the widest set of capital-intensive industries and markets
What We're Looking For:
- Produce analytical market reports covering the entire downstream oil value chain, including regulatory environment, taxation, refined products supply and demand, infrastructure (refineries, crude oil and product pipelines, storage, etc.), and motor fuel retail.
- Lead data mining activities and maintain energy-related data and information, proactively search for new data and information sources and continuously improve our databases, models and research.
- Carry out topical research to help clients understand policies, anticipate critical trends, examine the competitive landscape, and identify opportunities along the value chain.
- Analyze downstream market developments through modeling combined with non-quantitative drivers to create critical insights on market dynamics and long-term forecasting of refined products demand and refinery operations.
- Interpret technical information, share insights and understanding with internal and external stakeholders.
A highly motivated individual who is a good writer, has intellectual curiosity and resourcefulness, and can execute tasks autonomously.
- You have a master's degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience in the energy industry and demonstrate knowledge across a broad range of issues and trends within the oil and refining sector. A fundamental understanding of Russian/CIS downstream oil industry is strongly preferred.
- You have an excellent level of English and Russian. Proficiency in other languages, notably French, is a plus.
- You demonstrate strong numerical and quantitative analysis skills. Advanced proficiency in Excel is a must.
- You have strong writing skills and can formulate your thoughts clearly and concisely.
- Possess professional integrity and willingness/desire to cultivate open mindset and teamwork culture.
This role is limited to persons with the right to work in France Flexible Working
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. Grade/Level
( relevant for internal applicants only ): SPGI 9 The Location:
Paris (France) About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
280541 Posted On: