Job Description We have an opportunity for a Senior Analyst to manage a portfolio of non-financial speculative and investment grade companies based in Europe.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing insightful credit analysis, ensuring ratings accuracy and responding to investor inquiries. This opportunity involves developing an in-depth knowledge of the assigned companies and sectors and writing thought-leading research. As part of the rating process you will manage effective interaction with investors and issuers alike.
- Perform and present at committees in-depth fundamental credit analysis effectively and comprehensively on a regular basis on issuers in a portfolio of corporate entities
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the assigned sectors and emerging markets and take thought leadership initiatives to enhance our analytics and high quality research impact
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with the Senior Management at some of our rated companies
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit issues affecting some of our rated companies, including periodic credit opinion reports, in-depth reports on rated companies and sectors, special comments and short articles on current credit topics
- Develop Moody's franchise through intermediary visibility initiatives (e.g. investor one on one discussions, conference participation)
- Coach and develop support associates
- Adhere to applicable codes of conduct, policies, procedures, regulations and best practices
- Relevant experience in assessing credit risk including analysis of financial statements, cash flow analysis and industry analysis gained from a financial institution, an audit firm or similar
- Strong quantitative aptitude including a robust understanding of accounting standards and proven analytical skills
- Strong knowledge and experience of corporate investment grade and high yield debt markets and an understanding of the key issues affecting these markets
- Strong understanding of loans and bonds and associated documentation, and experience of reviewing such
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Highly organised, efficient and independent with the ability to multi-task and be able to meet tight deadlines
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Relevant years of experience in the financial services industry or similar industry is required.
- Fluent in English is essential and French highly preferable
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.