- Paris, Île-de-France, France
- CDI, Plein-temps
Vice President - Senior Analyst
Lieu de travail : Paris, Île-de-France, FranceThe Role / Responsibilities:
We have an opportunity for a Vice President, Senior Analyst in the Moody's EMEA Banking team to manage a diverse portfolio of banks mainly based in Italy.
This is a challenging role where you will be responsible for insightful credit analysis, rating accuracy through the ongoing monitoring of your portfolio, and responding to issuer and investor inquiries. This opportunity involves developing an in-depth knowledge of the Italian financial system and institutions and writing thought-leading research on banks, overall system specific issues and trends and market developments. As part of the rating process you will be expected to manage effective interaction with investors and issuers alike in a professional and efficient manner.
The VP-SA will also be expected to contribute to broader thought leadership and research in relation to the implementation of the European Union's banking regulatory framework including the new capital framework, the new rules on non performing exposures, etc.
You will also be expected to participate as a speaker in Moody's and third party conferences and roundtables and play a pivotal role in raising the profile of the team and developing Moody's franchise in banking.
- Become a recognized authority on the assigned banks and non-bank financial institutions and the Italian banking and regulatory systems, as well as demonstrate familiarity with regional peers.
- Develop detailed understanding of, and ability to apply the Banks methodology.
- Take thought leadership initiatives to enhance our analytics and high quality research impact.
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with Senior Management and Investor Relations contacts at financial institutions for which you are responsible.
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends, specific issuers or banking system as a whole.
- Perform and present in-depth fundamental credit analysis effectively and comprehensively on a regular basis at rating committees.
- Participate in the rating committees of other analysts within the team as well as in those of other countries within EMEA.
- Undertake new issuer rating processes adhering to required time frames.
- Develop Moody's presence through visibility initiatives (e.g. conference and round table participation and interaction with journalists).
- Coach, mentor and help to facilitate the development of support analysts.
- Adhere to Moody's Conduct of Business and Compliance Policies and processes.
The EMEA Banking team is part of the Financial Institutions Group. They provide ratings on banks and non-bank financial institutions
- Substantial credit/risk assessment experience gained from a rating agency, financial institution, asset management or public accounting firm, or proven equivalent.
- In-depth understanding of European bank and non-bank financial institutions and their regulatory environment.
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing with some public speaking experience.
- Quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills.
- Excellent academic background at least equivalent to MSc (or equivalent) in relevant areas.
- CIMA/ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial.
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English and Italian is essential.
- Willingness to travel to Italy and other parts of EMEA.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure ongoing self-development through training courses and assimilation of performance related feedback.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.