Responsible for risk management of the direct real estate business, with a focus on portfolio and investment risk management for our German real estate funds.
• Evaluate Investment Risk (market, leverage, counterparty, liquidity and asset specific risk) by performing portfolio level and transaction level risk assessments for the German real estate business.
• Represent Risk Management, providing an independent, level 2 assessment, at investment committees, valuation committees and other governance bodies within AXA-IM Real Assets and AXA IM.
• Define and review portfolio risk factors, internal limits, stress-tests and liquidity plans in line with applicable regulations, in particular AIFMD.
• Oversee counterparty exposures born by the funds, in particular those relating to derivatives, in line with AXA IM standards and applicable regulation.
• Provide risk assessments to the CRO Investment Risk, AXA IM Real Assets governance bodies and the Local Control Committee.
• Oversee operational risk management for Germany, including updating the risk heat map, and managing any operational incidents.
• Work to harmonize risk processes, assessments and reporting, in partnership with the Front Office and Financial Management Control Group, across business sectors and territories as AXA-IM Real Assets business grows.
Experience and Qualifications
• Graduate in Business, Economics, Finance or related field
• Either FRM, CFA, or RICS qualification highly desirable (or working towards one of these qualifications)
• A proven initial experience in a financial risk management role, or similar, at a bank or asset management company / consultancy
• Real estate experience desirable
• Experience at an international organization desirable
• The role requires fluency in both German and English
• French ability - or the willingness to learn French - is desirable but not essential
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong expertise in financial analysis
• Knowledge of private asset valuation and analysis techniques highly desirable
• Good knowledge of, or willingness to acquire knowledge of, regulatory rules
• Good judgment and ability to identify pertinent issues
• Strong analytical, investigative, problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills and capacity to influence - strong written skills;
• Fluent in German and English (written and spoken)
• Ability to build good working relationships in an international and multicultural environment
• Strong ethical values; commitment to ethics and integrity