PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
The PIMCO Intern Experience
The PIMCO internship experience is a 10-week program designed to provide you with foundational knowledge and professional skills all while building a powerful network of colleagues. You will participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training in your first week along with ongoing training aimed at giving you firsthand experience of day-to-day life at PIMCO. Additionally you will have the opportunity to participate PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts along with a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
As a PIMCO intern, you will receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations. The PIMCO internship experience directly serves as the main pipeline for our full-time campus and early careers opportunities.
Our goal is to authentically share the PIMCO experience with all of our interns and empower them contribute to the impact we make for not only our clients but our colleagues as well. To learn more, hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events ! Credit Research
Credit Research analysts evaluate various industries and companies to make investment recommendations to PIMCO's portfolio managers group. They also provide analytical support for the firm's portfolio managers by highlighting risks. Credit analysts at PIMCO specialize in a number of industries and cover all levels of the debt capital structure - investment grade bonds, high yield ("junk") bonds, bank debt and convertibles. Summer interns will work along-side our seasoned credit analysts, supporting them in their coverage responsibilities, while learning about the various industries and day-to-day responsibilities. Positions are located in Hong Kong. Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a formal week of training. The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship. Your informal training will continue throughout the summer at PIMCO - everyday, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship. Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Skills conducting research and basic financial modeling. Demonstrates natural intuition to make good judgments.
- Strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics and investment finance
- Proactive in thinking about potential investment ideas.
- Good communicator; strong written and oral presentation abilities. Needs to be persuasive and credible.
- Ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high-energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Strong academic credentials and achievement.
Summer Program Details
- Pursuing an MBA degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited, leading business school or university, or other equivalent Advanced Degree as it relates to the position, completion expected between Dec 2023 - June 2024.
- Starts in mid-June, 10 weeks in length, Week 1 consists of PIMCO Fundamentals training
- Cross-divisional education, networking & social events
- Formal mentor program
- Formal reviews/feedback at mid-summer and end-of-program
- If you attend an on campus recruiting school submit your resume and cover letter through your school's Career Services offices by the designated deadline.
- In addition you must apply in the PIMCO portal here.
- If you attend an off-campus recruiting school submit resume and cover letter here by January 31
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.