AML Quality Assurance Team Lead - Assistant Vice President
AML Monitoring and Investigations / Quality Assurance
The Quality Assurance team acts as a trusted body with a commitment to quality and process improvements, having an ultimate objective to identify areas of improvement and opportunities in the method in which the investigative analysts review and assess anomalous behaviors. The team's responsibilities include identifying and reporting potential issues, submitting recommendations on a variety of developmental opportunities and/or best practices and serving as mentors to the investigative analysts. Purpose of Role:
Responsible for reviewing anomalous activity alerts/cases that are closed by AML Monitoring and Investigations Unit Investigation Analysts, Junior Analysts, and Senior Analysts as a control to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with regulatory, internal/external audit requirements and policy/procedural requirements. Responsible to maintain interactions with global QA Team to ensure the execution of the QA program in a consistent manner. Responsible to test the accuracy of the work done by the QA members. Involvement in QA Program development and implementations. Responsible to ensure individual adherence to defined quality standards/core competencies that are required to follow by all analysts. Allocating and managing work across a team of QA SMEs. Decision-making on when to reopen the case. Key responsibilities
- Acts as a liaison between AML Monitoring and Investigations, Training, and AML for coordinating goals and objectives to enhance continuous process and quality improvement.
- Ambassador for best practices and facilitator of knowledge of money laundering processes.
- Decision point for review of complex cases to validate that transaction monitoring alerts have been processed in line with quality standards.
- Escalation point in the observations process.
- Ensures that the Quality Assurance process is executed in adherence with global standard policies and procedures using global standard tools.
- Responsible for conducting root-cause analysis on the results of quality reviews in order to recommend remedial training or other appropriate follow-up action to team leads and/or unit manager.
- Responsible for tracking the results of quality assurance reviews and remedial actions in the QA database.
- Responsible for assisting to develop and report Quality Assurance review results via metrics, and distribute to senior management, team leads, analysts, and other designated personnel.
- Proactively identifies and escalates areas of potential risk and/or quality improvement areas, as well as technology enhancements.
- Keeping regular interactions with global QA Team in order to exchange the standards on QA Program and keep consistency in QA execution.
- Collaborates with QA global Team on development and implementations of special projects.
- Provides expertise to internal work groups, teams, and committees focused on enhancing current procedures and creating efficiencies.
- Adheres to global standard policies and procedures.
- Operates within agreed business SLAs and confidentiality standards.
- Supports the successful accomplishment of internal MCA as they apply to the department.
- Reviews system access request to ensure that the correct access rights are granted at the appropriate levels.
- Line management responsibilities for QA SMEs, including performance management, coaching, hiring and training.
- Responsible for QA Team performance monitoring (productivity, workload and accuracy).
- Responsible to monitor the operational capacity of the team.
2 Requirements Skills and competencies:
A person in this role has a passion for uncovering the truth and exposing potential criminal activities. He/she has a genuine interest in the news and current affairs with the ability of cross referencing them during investigations. He/she is methodical, analytical, open minded and have the desire to thoroughly and accurately research, extract, compile and connect information from various sources. Additional requirements:
- Good knowledge of English and high standard of written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Detailed oriented, self-motivated, and able to handle multiple projects/tasks.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity in problem solving
- Organized, disciplined and highly responsible
- Presentation skills and ability to build strong arguments to justify his/her decision
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, interact effectively, with different levels of management and to operate with excellent corporate work ethics (timely, honest, respectful and considerate to co-workers)
- Good understanding of Windows applications (Word, Excel, etc.) and Internet & commercial database searches
- Minimum 3-4 years' experience in AML or compliance or quality control or audit or fraud and economic crime units within financial institution of AML or other financial investigations experience required
- Minimum 2-3 years' of quality assurance experience or equivalent knowledge required.
- Subject Matter Expert for multiple products in the analysis of alerts and investigation of transactional activities to detect any suspicions of money laundering or terrorist financing activity.
- Managerial or manager backup experience preferred
- Education level: Bachelor degree
- Preferred: AML certification will be advantage
- Preferred: Project and change management basic experience
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .