APAC Procurement Manager (non-IT)
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!Position Purpose
The role of APAC Procurement Manager (non-IT) with the aim, in particular, of being more active in the full procurement process from definition of needs and identification of potential suppliers, through to selection of suppliers, negotiation of terms and contracts, management of supplier risk, supplier relationship and optimization of all external spend except for Office Lease and Permanent Staff Cost, all in compliance with BNP Paribas APAC Procurement Policy and Guidelines. In addition, this role has to build strong partnership with key stakeholders to ensure the appropriate level of influence over Procurement activities to all Métiers and Functions and bring cost and process efficiency.
Interaction with COOs, CFOs, Business and Function Managers, Global Procurement buyers and suppliers.
- To coordinate the procurement of external services and goods within Asia-Pacific region, develop and manage local supplier relationships with the aim of constantly improving service quality vs. cost at acceptable level of risk.
- To ensure the Bank's procedures are followed in negotiating and awarding procurement contracts.
- To support the implementation of Global agreements within the region.
- To work with local Business and Function Managers to ensure awareness of conditions of agreements so that compliance can be monitored.
- To build partnership with local Business and Function managers to ensure Procurement's appropriate involvement in negotiations with suppliers in general within all Métiers and Functions across all sites in APAC region.
- To mitigate risk associated with related procurement contracts in conjunction with Legal Department.
- To involve Group buyers in the negotiations and awarding of relevant procurement contracts within APAC Region that can benefit from global agreements.
- To regularly report expenses, projects status with associated quality improvement/savings that have been achieved within the region.
- To identify potential supply related risks with mitigation plan and contribute to procurement control framework.
Performance Measurement Criteria
- % of expense in which Procurement has involvement
- % of expenditure in APAC covered by regional or global contracts
- Reduction in costs (based on BNP Paribas Group's methodology for like-for-like comparison)
- Cost avoidance versus initial supplier proposals for new contracts
- Cost avoidance versus requests by suppliers for price increases for goods and services
- Satisfaction levels of internal clients
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Ability to manage stress gracefully and multi-task within restricted time constraints;
- Attention to detail and investigative and questioning nature;
- Diplomatic, excellent interpersonal skill - can work well with all level of people;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, project management/planning skills and result-oriented;
- Good team player and able to work independently as self-starter;
- Multi-cultural dimension and adaptable way of working;
- Strong influential skill and ability to manage complex business environment and issues;
- Strong negotiation and supplier relationship management skills;
- Working knowledge of contract, compliance, finance practices, legal, regulatory and tax related to Procurement in key markets such as Hong Kong, India, Japan and Singapore in the region.
- Certified Procurement professional such as CPSM or CIPS is a plus;
- Excellent written and spoken English, other languages such as Cantonese, French or Mandarin is an advantage;
- Minimum 10 years' procurement experience in Professional Services (Consultancy, HR related expenses, Legal services, etc.), Market Data and/or Marketing, 5 of which in a senior procurement role ideally in banking industry;
- Tertiary degree (preferably in Finance, Accounting or Industrial Purchasing).