AVP Analyst – Corporate Finance Group (Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai)
Job Description The Role:
Moody's APAC Corporate Finance Group is responsible for rating corporate investment grade and speculative grade issuers, with a focus on the China property development and real estate investments sectors. Responsibilities:
- Conduct initial and on-going credit analysis on a dedicated portfolio of companies with public and privately monitored ratings
- Perform and present in-depth fundamental credit analysis on a regular basis to rating committees to assign and maintain credit ratings
- Present credits effectively and comprehensively in Rating Committees and other internal analytical meetings.
- Researching, writing and presenting on credit opinions/topical research and interacting with investors and intermediaries.
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends to a high quality
- Engage im regular outreach events such as investor briefings, teleconferences, webinars and conferences
- Maintain high profile relationships with issuers and intermediaries, following our best practice with high transparency and frequent interaction,
- 8+ years of experience of credit analysis, including demonstrable financial analysis experience, cash flow analysis and cash flow based lending techniques, gained from a recognized financial institution or audit firm.
- Strong knowledge of corporate and debt markets and an understanding of the key issues affecting these markets/the main players and key industry drivers.
- Experience in complex transaction structures, with a good grasp of documentation, accounting and financial modelling.
- Proven market sector expertise in loan/bond and other associated documentation, and experience of reviewing such corporate financials in the APAC markets and within the Asia regulatory framework.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, IT competency skills including advanced Excel.
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc/MBA in relevant areas CIMA/ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial.
- Sound judgment - capable of developing independent opinion and defending own views.
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate .clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and represent the Moody's brand effectively at a senior level.
- Proactive/"can do" approach to work.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Ability to deal with a multitude of tasks and issuers.
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Produces work to high standards.
- Fluency in English and Putonghua essential.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.