Actuarial Manager, IFRS Reporting
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Manage the IFRS Reporting team to produce and communicate broad range of actuarial valuation results, analysis and business plans to Senior Management. Collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to develop key business results framework for achieving financial KPIs.
- Manage the IFRS Reporting team to produce and communicate high quality regular financial reporting on IFRS basis including monitoring and explaining the actual performance against business plan and other key financial measures as appropriate.
- Manage the production of the business plan, group risk appetite and other key business results, and communicate results to senior management with detailed and robust analyses highlighting the key drivers of the results.
- Manage the processes and controls of the IFRS Reporting team to ensure high quality results and analysis are produced as efficiently and effectively as possible. Work with both internal and external auditors to ensure the robustness of processes and controls.
- Keep up-to-date with the knowledge and development of IFRS17, collaborate with other teams and provide inputs in setting out the framework for the implementation of new financial reporting standard.
- Supervise members within the team and provide ongoing coaching on actuarial / product / insurance knowledge
- Fellow of Society of Actuaries, or other equivalent actuarial bodies.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant working experience with at least 1 years of managing tasks and individuals (supervisory level). Candidates with less experience will be considered as Assistant Actuarial Manager.
- Solid knowledge in actuarial concepts, insurance accounting, HKFRS/IFRS, tax and insurance regulatory requirements in Hong Kong, as well as the latest development in IFRS 17.
- Strong communication skills and presentation skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible, adaptable and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to build collaborative working relationship with different stakeholders.
- Good analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Prophet modelling experience and good programming knowledge is a plus.