Actuarial & Finance Early Careers Programme
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
With our Actuarial and Finance Early Careers Programme, you will face dynamic and new challenges every day. Here, you will blend your creative mind with strategic acumen to develop a rewarding career. The Actuarial and Finance Division plays an extremely important role at Prudential - managing risks and safeguarding the financial health of our company.
This programme will enable you to learn from the very best and get exposure to a cross-section of our business. If you love solving problems and making sense of numbers, you will enjoy an exciting development path and a thriving career with Prudential. What you will Do in your role
As a Programme Associate, you will learn or sharpen your skills in risk and financial management fundamentals. From supporting the financial economic balance sheet to production projections, looking at capital optimistion to product development, or financial reporting to analysing business results - you will need to fully leverage your quantitative and analytical skills. With this programme, you will innovate, solve problems and make an impact.
The day in the life of a Programme Associate varies widely. That said, here are some examples of the challenges that you will come across in your role.
What we will DO to develop your career and expertise
- Support the implementation or launch of new insurance products
- Participate in regular financial reporting of business results across various reporting metrics
- Support the maintenance, development and enhancement of actuarial models
- Get involved in various ad-hoc financial management projects such as the implementation of the new IFRS17 accounting standard for insurance contracts
- Support Par fund management work, including asset shares calculation and bonus review
- Assist with expense study, improvement plans on expense management process
- Provide assistance to new expense project initiatives when required
- Support the month end general ledger closing activities
- Contribute production and analysis of sales forecast reports and expense budgeting
We have a rich portfolio of resources and initiatives to support you as part of your ongoing development:
Here are the requirements for this programme
- Professional Development sponsorship to support your development path towards becoming a qualified actuary or getting certification as a finance professional
- Rotation within Actuarial and Finance Division to ensure you build breadth and depth of experience
- Undergraduate / Postgraduate degree in a quantitative subject (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Financial Engineering, Actuarial / Risk etc.)
- Fresh graduates, or recent graduates with up to two years of work experience
- Determined to develop a career in Insurance industry
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resilience, curiosity, collaboration and an open-minded
- Good communication skills and presentation skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment and thrive in multi-tasking