Analyst / Associate - Credit Structuring - Financial Engineering Hong Kong
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Supply cross structuring solutions to SG clients
- Development of new formats for SG clients
- Regulatory and accounting advisory for clients
- Excellence in execution in any legal format and structure for complex or flow transactions
Origination of transactions / creation of new businesses:
- Design tailor-made solutions, products, services and tools for clients, taking into account, in particular, the
- accounting and regulatory/prudential angles for both SG and clients
- Prepare / follow-up New Product Committees
- Make sure solutions are sufficiently pushed towards clients, coordinating with sales
Execution of transactions:
- Review documentation in accordance with SG internal standards
- Ensure that transactions are lawful and compliant with SG business principles and SG internal rules
- (including, but not limited to rules defined in the Engineering Handbook)
- Obtain validations from the various departments of the bank in accordance with the relevant procedures
- Ensure scarce resources are properly used (liquidity, balance-sheet, LCR, NSFR...) and minimum profitability requirements are reached (ROE, ROA, ROLE...)
- Ensure that the after-sale services (valuation, secondary market...) will be properly delivered to clients
- Conduct NPC, coordinating efficiently with support functions (DFIN, MACC, SEGL FIS, SEGL JUR, OPER...)
- and other front office staff (TRD, SLS, SCR...) .
Maintain/develop geographical expertises for the areas in coverage (inc. local accounting rules, regulation, tax, market practice...) for Greater China ( Mailand China, China Taipe , Hong Kong...) for transaction execution and product development.
Maintain/develop collateralized financing expertises for Asia Ex Japan for transaction execution.
Update synthetically and regularly his chain on issue and progress. Additional responsibilities that apply to the role:
Key external contacts
- Comply with all Risk and regulatory obligations where relevant
- Responsibility to act within agreed risk limit (credit/market, etc...)
- Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your
- business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility.
- Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company's Conduct and Standards and
- corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements
- and/or intranet updates.
Regulatory Function (Certified Persons only)
- External Providers (law firms, rating agencies, etc.)
- SG Clients
- Professional Services Firms (Big4 and similar accounting / tax advisory firms)
- Stock exchanges
Level of Autonomy and Authority: Profile Required
- Client Dealing
- Advising on investments
- Advising on investments and/or arranging (bringing about) deals in investments
- Arranging (bringing about) deals in investments
- Arranging (bringing about) deals in investments and taking part in those activities
- Dealing in investments as agent
- Dealing in investments as principal
- Dealing as principal and arranging (bringing about) deals in investments
- Undertaking Corporate Finance business and activities connect to this
- Investment management, including discretionary management
- Functions requiring qualifications
- Algorithmic trading
- Managers of Certified Person
Individual Conduct Rules
Competencies and Work Experience:
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due skill, care and diligence
- You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
All Staff are covered by SG Group Leadership Model
- In-depth knowledge of cross border legal, accounting and regulatory issues;
- Previous experience of working in-house in either an investment bank or other relevant financial services environment, including experience in working with different internal departments and functions and ability to work on the trading floor;
- Demonstrable ability to deal with work promptly, accurately and in conformity with the internal guidelines of the Corporate and Investment Banking Division;
- A proven ability to exercise prudent commercial judgement while managing legal risk.
- Understand/learn the financial, legal, regulatory and fiscal problems relating to the structuring and sale of structured products;
- Have or is able to complete a good knowledge of the different asset class products (credit, fixed income, forex, equities, commodities, indices...) and structures/wrappers commonly used (e.g. SPVs, OTCs, funds ...);
- Proven analytical, computer and interpersonal skills as well as exceptional writing, communication and presentation skills are required;
- Flexible, organized and pragmatic, you have excellent analytical skills and a creative and curious mind. Learn fast different subjects for which you may not be a specialist. Your relationship skills and your team spirit will be major assets
- in a demanding international environment.
- You have the ability to lead and conduct new projects from definitions to final launch leading and collaborating with other department of the banks. You have interfaced with clients to finalize trades.
- You speak and write MANDARIN fluently.
The employee must have the following competencies in the role
Qualifications required or desirable
- Team spirit - The employee encourages collective success
- Innovation - The employee will create conditions that encourage innovation
- Responsibility - The employee acts with integrity and in an ethical manner
- Commitment - The employee is committed to the role and inspires others
- Client orientation - The employee actively improves his/ her relationship with clients
Languages: Business Insight
- Master in finance, engineering or business studies, or Law degree and experience in Legal firm
MARK/ENG is the engineering team driving engineering activities across the market activities (pricing ,trade ideas, central structuring, advisory and product marketing) across all products. Our engineering expertise is highly successful and globally recognised.
5 expertises to remain at the forefront of innovation:
- A Pricing & Development Group to CREATE innovative solutions & investment strategies,
- A Flow Strategy & Solutions Group to INFLUENCE the market with efficient trade ideas generation,
- A central Cross Structuring Group to BUILD the most efficient issuance and execution framework for clients,
- A central Product Marketing team to EXPLAIN and broadcast product expertise.
- A central Digital, Automation Tactical team to provide tools and AUTOMATE services to our clients.
Fully coordinated advisory, product and marketing deliveries: bringing just ONE MARK in front of clients.
Product continuum, flow and non-flow vanilla to flow and non-flow exotics.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000BDA
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 20/07/2020
Date of publication: 20/05/2020