Act as a key member in Prime Services and Financing Application Support group providing production support on Front Office Pre&Post-trade activities.
· Be responsible for the applications support of Equities & Derivatives Trading and Sales business, focus on the Cash Equity related system platform including OMS, EMS, Fix Engines, algorithm trading, smart order router
· Required to support internal clients, troubleshoot and diagnose functional and technical issues in the production environment.
· Management and tracking of daily production problems and user request; ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client; report bugs back to local / overseas development teams; enhance legacy Excel VBA if necessary.
· Conduct system Quality Assurance test, perform deployment or upgrade of mission critical applications.
· Ensure adequate performance and operation of the systems - monitor the performance⁄ operation, diagnose and address any problems.
· Work closely with software vendors and development teams, business analysts, architects and infrastructure teams to enhance existing platform. eg: resilience, BCP, system performance and low latency.
· Drive regular performance review with counterparty on different pricing and referential systems worldwide. Conduct regular or ad-hoc pricing performance analysis by extracting data from different databases, automating using Unix and Excel scripting.
· Follow ITIL Application Support methodology to carry out incident and system change management procedures.
· Provide system and process documentation.
· Shift duty, weekend and holiday work are required.
Essential Technical Knowledge/Skills :
· Good client management and interpersonal skills
· Good communication and coordination skills
· Knowledge FIX, algorithm trading strategies, market practices in Asia
· Technical knowledge on Excel VBA
· Solid scripting and automation skills required using python and shell scripting
· Good SQL skill on Sybase and Oracle
· Experience with system monitoring
· Reliable and good attention to details
Qualifications and Experience :
· University qualification preferably with IT major.
· Solid experience on supporting trading floor
· 5 -8 years of experience desired