Application Support Analyst
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Societe Generale
- 18 nov. 18
Application Support Analyst
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
A technically strong candidate who will provide level 2 support to the users of the Global Market activities' information system, focusing on the VOL business activity, Warrants Market Making and Cross-asset solutions products for sales, traders and operations.
Working in a DEV/Ops setup, the candidate will be spending 70% to 80% on Support and 20% - 30% developing solutions as part of a feature team. You will also attend daily scrums and actively participate in regular prioritizations, sprints and retrospectives.
The candidate will formalize end users' day to day problems; assess the criticality/priority of these problems and treat them accordingly. Escalates to the next level if need be; Gives effective and regular feedback to the end users. Will transform problems to user stories and add it to the product backlog for prioritization and task building.
Estimates the risks and opportunities in our day to day job, take initiatives to reduce the risks and improve our efficiency.
Reports regularly on issues to direct management, follows Information and Technology Department processes closely on incident, problem and request management and adheres to the code of conduct.
- Manage users' requests and incidents flows by gathering the information from the different communication channels (trading floor live interaction; phone; other). Deliver IT Support services relying on ITIL framework and core processes
- Using his/her technical skills to assist in building effective monitoring systems by using the information system's monitoring tools. Ensures tools are in line with our needs and takes initiatives to improve their efficiency
- Leads investigations to resolve problems independently, have the technical ability to troubleshoot and debug code and search log files. Will have strong UNIX and SQL skills to check system errors and generate reports, scripting abilities to assist with the platform extensions, automate monitoring, error detection, participate with the DEV in building solutions or improving the core chain used by the business activity
- Engage and improve the Follow-the-Sun model and leverage on our global setup working closely with our Paris and New York offices
- Seeks feedback on escalated problems to follow up and update the end users.
- Liaise with other ITEC and GTS teams to consider clients' needs/expectations/issues. Organize and lead follow-up meeting with different parties (users and partners).
- Formalizes problems and escalates to the next level of support or global teams when need be.
- Estimate the risks and opportunities in our day to day job, and take initiative to reduce the risks and improve our efficiency. Provides support to others/peers when necessary and train the new joiners on the perimeter
- BSC in Computer Science/Software Engineering degree or equivalent
- Good communication and organizational skills, analytical mind
- Able to manage pressure by accompanying business requests while seated on the trading floor
- Good knowledge on both UNIX and Windows environment. Good knowledge on SQL
- Good scripting skills, python, shell
- Ability to read code, write basic JAVA, .NET and C#
- Fluent in English
- Reliability and rigour
- Good knowledge on Global Markets activities with a focus on Volatility business
- Proactive / Innovative
- Excellent attitude towards work, colleagues and management
- A performer, demonstrates best qualities and ability to learn quickly