Our Hong Kong M&A tax team advises on all aspects of an M&A transaction, including on the investment, divestment and post-acquisition stages. We work with a range of clients, including multi-national corporations, high profile asset management companies, and regional and global private equity funds. Our main focus is working with clients to manage their investment risks and identify opportunities in Hong Kong and abroad.
We work closely with our Transaction Services team and project and client teams are typically cross-disciplined. A large part of our work involves advising clients on regional and global projects, and provides exposure to international markets and high-profile transactions.
- Reporting directly to Senior Manager / Manager, you will use your technical ability to drive projects and bring solutions to clients
- Working closely with internal and external clients on cross-border / M&A transactions, international tax advisory engagements, due diligence, tax structuring and ad hoc projects
- Be able to apply relevant corporate tax knowledge that is relevant for an M&A transaction without losing sight of other tax considerations
- Develop and implement innovative ways to approach client needs - use research into client businesses (the issues they face, the state of markets, key developments) to initiate new service and product offerings to clients
- Assist in business development activities and market tax services to existing and potential clients
- Keep abreast of new technical developments and solutions, and confidently market these applications to management
- A degree in Accounting / Finance, law or any other business related discipline and ideally a professional qualification (accounting or legal)
- 2-5 years of PRC or Hong Kong corporate tax experience in a professional firm / Big 4 firm or as inhouse-tax advisor
- Experience working on M&A transactions or cross-border transactions or in international tax is preferred
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and work with all levels of management
- A positive team player with excellent project management skills and the ability to work effectively under time critical deadlines
- Excellent organisation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese) is required
What to expect from KPMG
We believe in purpose driven jobs that reward people. We find out what people are good at, then offer them a career path that lets them do a job they enjoy. We view our employees as our most valuable assets. We offer a rewarding, achievable career path with an attractive remuneration package and full benefits to our employees.
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2020 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.