Assistant Manager, Strategy and Corporate Development, Finance
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 504,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Opportunity
The Strategy and Corporate Development team drives the growth strategy through development, evaluation and coordination of companywide initiatives. The team also manages the business planning process which is crucial for meeting company's short term goal and long term vision.
The role is a critical role in assessing and executing FWD's initiatives. Specifically, this individual will be handling confidential and sensitive information and dealing with senior management across the organization as well as other external stakeholders. The individual is also expected to be able to independently perform financial analysis, modelling, presentation and provide support to ad hoc projects.
This is a role suited for talented individual looking for exciting opportunities and who will thrive in a fast-paced environment. The Job
- Conduct in-depth research and quantitative analysis on market and competitors to support key strategic decisions;
- Monitor market developments and evolution of trends and assess how these trends will impact FWD's long-term success;
- Provide support in the development and assessment of potential strategic opportunities, including rationale, business cases, financial models, presentations and approval materials to facilitate decision making process;
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders to drive for deliverables; and
- Support other ad-hoc projects e.g. M&A, business partnerships, organic growth initiatives and new market development
- Degree in Actuarial/ Finance/ Accounting/ Business Administration;
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience;
- Understanding of insurance business and financial metrics preferred;
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills;
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; and
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.